We hope that everyone is enjoying #SummerStrongDC 2016!! When visiting DPR's pools, please remember that proper swim attire is very important. Please view, download and/or print DPR's Swim Attire Requirements poster for clarification around pool wear; and look for this sign in the locker rooms and various pool common areas in our Aquatic facilities. Thank you so much and we hope that you continue to have an amazing summer!!
DPR's facility locator has been experiencing intermittent functionality and may crash from time to time. Currently our website team is working with OCTO to create a new, mobile and web friendly facility locator to replace the current facility locator. We apologize for the inconvience.
Please visit Find a Rec Center or Pool Near You in the event the facility locator is down. While this page will not provide a mapping system, but it will provide our residents and users with an address, phone number and other basic information. Please note that this is a temporary alternative.
The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) has a number of aquatic facilities to allow DC residents year-round access to pools. For information on pool admission policies and fees, please visit our Pool Admission Information Page.
Outdoor Pools Season
- The 2016 season has come to a close. All outdoor pools are closed with the exception of East Potomac.
- All spray parks have been extended and will now close for the season on Sunday, September 11.
- Select outdoor pools will be open for the Labor Day holiday. All indoor pools will be closed on Labor Day. Please see the 2016 Labor Day Press Release for more information.
- Monday, July 4th all outdoor pools will be open from 12 pm to 6 pm.
DPR's 2016 summer pools season kicked off on Memorial Day weekend. Please see below for the 2016 schedule:
- All outdoor pools open on Memorial Day weekend - May 28, 29 and 30 from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- All pools will operate on a weekend schedule from May 30 through June 18 (Saturdays and Sundays only) from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Starting June 18, pools will operate on their individual weekday schedules.
- Happy Hollow, Lincoln Capper and Watkins Childrens Pools will be closed for Capital Construction during the entire 2016 summer season.
- All outdoor pools will open 2 hours earlier, at 11 am.
- Spray parks open on Saturday, May 28 and will operate daily, from 10 am to 7 pm, through Monday, September 5.
Aquatic Centers (Indoor Pools)
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) operates indoor pools and aquatic facilities across the District throughout the year. Open swim and lap swim times are available at each site. DPR swimming pools are also open for swimming lessons and other events.
Outdoor Pools (Seasonal)
DPR's outdoor swimming pools operate on individualized summer hours during the summer season, starting Memorial Day Weekend and closing Labor Day weekend. Pools will close one weekday each week for scheduled service and maintenance.
Children's Pools (Seasonal)
DPR's outdoor children's pools open for the summer season every year. Children's pools are small developmental pools which range in depths from one to three feet, and are designed for children up to 12 years old.
Spray Parks (Seasonal)
DPR's Spray Parks offer an exciting and alternative way to cool off and have fun. Spray Parks open every summer and follow a similar schedule to outdoor pools.