The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) works with the community to establish gardens across the District. DPR currently has over 20 community gardens under its jurisdiction.
If you are interested in being placed on the waiting list for a DPR community garden plot, please contact the garden organizer listed below or the DPR Community Garden Division at (202) 262-2138.
Community Gardens are listed by Ward, and then alphabetically. The number of plots indicated are the total number of plots at the garden. Most gardens are full and the plots have been assigned. Please note that Benning Park Garden does have plots available.
Please select this link to re-direct back to the Urban Garden Division page.
- Bruce Monroe Garden | 3000 Georgia Avenue, NW | 214 plots
- Euclid Street Garden/Justice Park | 14th & Euclid Streets, NW | 40 plots
- Kalorama Garden | Kalorama & Columbia Roads, NW | 19 plots
Kalorama has a lottery instead of a waiting list. Please include "Garden 2017" in the email subject line to get contacted next Feb for the next March lottery for a garden plot.
- West End Garden | 25th & N Streets, NW | 20 plots
- Friendship Garden | 45th & Van Ness Streets, NW | 50 plots
- Newark Street Garden | 39th & Newark Streets, NW | 220 plots
- Palisades Garden | 5200 Sherrier Place, NW | 20 plots
- Emery Garden | 9th Street & Missouri Avenue, NW | 40 plots
- Fort Stevens Garden | 1327 Van Buren Street, NW | 9 plots
- Hamilton Garden | 1340 Hamilton Street, NW | 8 plots
- Takoma Garden | 300 Van Buren Street, NW | 11 plots
- Twin Oaks Garden | 14th & Taylor Street, NW | 62 plots
- Arboretum Youth Garden | 2412 Rand Place, NE | No individual plots
- Edgewood Gardens | 300 Evarts Street, NE | 10 plots
- Harry Thomas Gardens | 1743 Lincoln Road, NE | 16 plots
- Langdon Youth & Community Garden | Franklin & Mills Avenue, NE | 22 plots
- Ledroit Gardens | 3rd & V Streets, NW | 56 plots
- Noyes Gardens | 10th & Franklin Streets, NE | 7 plots
- Theodore Hagans Garden | 3201 Fort Lincoln Drive, NE | No individual plots
- Turkey Thicket Gardens | 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE | 15 plots
- Virginia Ave Garden | 9th & L Streets, SE | 80 plots
- Benning Garden | Fable Street & Southern Avenue, SE | 16 plots
- Hillcrest Garden | 3100 Denver Street, SE | 14 plots
- Lederer Garden | 4801 Nannie H. Burroughs Avenue, NE | 40 plots
- Douglass Garden | 1898 Stanton Terrace, SE | 9 plots
- Ferebee Hope Community Garden | 3999 8th Street, SE | 11 plots
- Fort Greble Garden | Martin Luther King Jr. & Elmira Street, SW | 9 plots
- Fort Stanton Community Garden | 1812 Erie Street, SE | 9 plots
For more information contact:
Community Garden Specialist
Phone: (202) 262-2138