DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: Gwendolyn Crump, (202) 288-6027, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) – Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced the 2017 Spring permits schedule. The permit window dates for the upcoming season are currently posted on the DPR website on the Athletic Fields permit page and the Aquatics permit page. DPR permits outdoor fields, courts, gymnasiums and aquatic lanes and facilities on a seasonal schedule, either Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
Prior to each scheduling season, DPR opens a 'permit window' - a time period during which the agency will accept permit applications. Applications received during the permit window are reviewed and applicants are notified of their permit status during the 'notification period'. DPR will handle all late permit requests for fields, gyms and aquatics in the order they are received. Late permit requests will be processed after all on-time permit requests, submitted during the permit window, have been processed.
The 2017 Spring permit season is Saturday, March 18, 2016 through Friday, June 16, 2017.
The permit window is as follows:
- Season Duration: March 18 – June 16, 2017
- Permit Application Window: December 12 - December 31, 2016
- Application Deadline: 11:59 pm on December 31, 2016
- Notifications of Availability: Week of January 30, 2017
- Late Submissions: Permits that are submitted on or after January 1, 2017 will be considered LATE SUBMISSIONS. All late submissions will not be reviewed until the week of February 6, 2017 and will be allocated based on availability on a first come first served basis.
NOTE: The National Park Service fields on the National Mall (Fields 1-8, 11,12, 13 & Wallenberg Field) are only permitted by DPR May through September of each year and will therefore be allocated as part of the Summer Season. The Summer permit window is TBD in mid-spring. Please check the website for the dates and Sign up for Text/Email Alerts for further information.
DPR schedules all athletic field and gymnasium permits in an order of preference:
- DPR programs
- DC public schools and public charter schools
- DPR partners (organizations that have an executed DPR partnership agreement)
- Private youth leagues and teams
- Private adult leagues
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.
For information on DPR events, facilities, programs & activities, be sure to follow DPR
on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Join our Mailing List, Sign up for Text/Email Alerts,
Register for a Program or visit the DPR Website.