The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) Aquatics Division provides residents and visitors of the District with safe, well-maintained aquatic facilities and programs that offer a diverse and comprehensive scope of water related activities. DPR Aquatics offers residents of all ages and abilities a variety of high-quality programming from aqua aerobics and swim instruction to scuba and water polo.
- Find Aquatics Classes and Activities Online
- Find Aquatic Facilities, Locations, Lap Lane schedules and more
- Become a DPR lifeguard!! Positions are available for the 2016 summer season. Click here to learn more and/or apply!!
DPR's summer pools season kicks off Memorial Day weekend. Please see below for the 2016 schedule:
- All outdoor pools will open Memorial Day weekend - May 28, 29 and 30 from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- All pools will operate on a weekend schedule from May 30 through June 18 (Saturdays and Sundays only) from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Starting June 18, pools will operate on their individual weekday schedules.
- Happy Hollow, Lincoln Capper and Watkins Childrens Pools will be closed for Capital Construction during the entire 2016 summer season.
- All outdoor pools will open 2 hours earlier, at 11 am.
- Spray parks will open on Saturday, May 28 and will operate daily, from 10 am to 7 pm, through Monday, September 5.
- Select a link below for more information on the Aquatics Division.
- Private Swim Lessons
- Black History Invitational Swim Meet
- Competitive Swim Programs
- DC Summer Swim League (DCSSL)
- DPR Lifeguarding Certification