We hope that everyone is enjoying #SummerStrongDC 2016!! When visiting DPR's pools, please remember that proper swim attire is very important. Please view, download and/or print DPR's Swim Attire Requirements poster for clarification around pool wear; and look for this sign in the locker rooms and various pool common areas in our Aquatic facilities. Thank you so much and we hope that you continue to have an amazing summer!!
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) Aquatics Division provides residents and visitors of the District with safe, well-maintained aquatic facilities and programs that offer a diverse and comprehensive scope of water related activities. DPR Aquatics offers residents of all ages and abilities a variety of high-quality programming from aqua aerobics and swim instruction to scuba and water polo.
- Find Aquatics Classes and Activities Online
- Find Aquatic Facilities, Locations, Lap Lane schedules and more
- Become a DPR lifeguard!! Positions are available for the 2016 summer season. Click here to learn more and/or apply!!
DPR's summer pools season kicks off Memorial Day weekend. Please see below for the 2016 schedule:
- All outdoor pools will open Memorial Day weekend - May 28, 29 and 30 from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- All pools will operate on a weekend schedule from May 30 through June 18 (Saturdays and Sundays only) from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Starting June 18, pools will operate on their individual weekday schedules.
- Happy Hollow, Lincoln Capper and Watkins Childrens Pools will be closed for Capital Construction during the entire 2016 summer season.
- All outdoor pools will open 2 hours earlier, at 11 am.
- Spray parks will open on Saturday, May 28 and will operate daily, from 10 am to 7 pm, through Monday, September 5.
- Select a link below for more information on the Aquatics Division.
- Private Swim Lessons
- Black History Invitational Swim Meet
- Competitive Swim Programs
- DC Summer Swim League (DCSSL)
- DPR Lifeguarding Certification