DPR employs certified International Lifeguard Training Program lifeguards year round in order to serve District residents and guests at DPR Aquatic Facilities. A proactive, accountability-based approach to lifeguard training, ILTP is a single, integrated curriculum that successfully trains lifeguards and lifeguard instructors through proven training methods and state-of-the-art lifeguard rescue skills.
Program components include:
- First Aid
- Health Care Provider CPR
- Emergency Oxygen Support
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Swim distance using front crawl (freestyle) or breaststroke without resting: 100 yards
- Feet-first surface dive, retrieve a 10-lb. brick, and bring it to the surface
- Tread water without using arms for 1 minute
Class Registration (Offered December - June)
Interested parties should do the following:
- Register for an upcoming certification course - Registration Page
- Complete a DPR Summer Employee Application (required for all lifeguard candidates)
- Residents: $100 (Total fee for residents would be $110)
- Non-Residents: $150
For questions concerning lifeguard training, please contact Aisha Moten at email@example.com.