2017 DC FSMP
- Please visit DC FSMP 2017 Dates for upcoming important dates.
- Letters of intent are due March 10, 2017.
- Application packets are due Monday, April 3, 2017.
- 2017 DPR feeding site locations have not been released.
- Looking for a citywide site near you? Please click here.
- For a list of all DPR locations providing meals, please click here.
- Interested in becoming a provider site? Please click here.
- To learn about citywide summer activities for youth, please visit Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC website.
#Meals4DCKids #SummerMealsDC #SummerStrongDC
Per an agreement with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), during the summer months, DPR's Office of Food and Nutrition Services (OFNS) administers and assumes operational oversight for the site locations that participate under DPR's sponsorship agreement for the DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP), under the USDA's National Summer Food Service Program. Meals (breakfast and/or lunch) are served during June, July and August to youth residents, ages 18 and under, of the District of Columbia at a variety of locations including participating schools, recreation centers, DC Public Libraries, select DC Housing Authority locations, day care centers, faith-based organization and community based after-school programs.
What is the DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP)?
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), known in Washington, DC as the DC Free Summer Meals Program (DC FSMP), provides free, nutritious mealsserved to children 18 years of age and younger in low income areas (i.e. areas in which 50% or more children/households receive free and reduced price meals during the school year).
These meals help children in low-income areas receive the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow throughout the summer months when they are out of school. The meals served as part of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program are not available, and due to families’ limited budget, or other circumstances, children will often miss wholesome meals. The FSMP fills the gap and parents benefit from some help in stretching their food dollars and by knowing that their children are receiving healthy meals in a supportive environment.
The District ranked # 1 in the country in 2014 and years past with the FSMP.
Coming Soon!! Download the 2017 DC Free Summer Meals Program flyer in English & Spanish
Coming Soon!! Download the 2016 DPR DC FSMP entire summer menu.
Find a DC FSMP location near you!
View the full list of DPR recreation centers providing free summer meals (both breakfast and lunch). Remember, all youth under 18 eat free.
Please click the logo below to visit the USDA nationwide map. Enter your address or zip code to find locations across the US.
New and Returning Providing Sites - Forms & Information
- For Returning Participating Sites
- Program Monitor forms and documents
- Download the 2016 DC Free Summer Meals Program flyer in English & Spanish
- Download the 2016 DPR DC FSMP entire summer menu.
- Download the 2015 DC Free Summer Meals Program flyer
- Find a Summer Meal in Your Community
- United States Department of Agriculture - Food & Nutrition Service: Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) FSMP
- Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC 2017 - #SummerStrongDC
- DC Hunger Solutions (FSMP)
- Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) Kid's Cafe program
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Emery Recreation Center
5701 Georgia Ave., NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20011
Phone: (202) 576-7622
Fax: (202) 541-9519
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm || Closed: Saturday & Sunday