How do I register? When can I attend a Parents Orientation? DPR Camps team gathered the most frequently asked camp questions!
DPR employs certified International Lifeguard Training Program lifeguards year round in order to serve District residents and guests at DPR Aquatic Facilities. A proactive, accountability-based approach to lifeguard training, ILTP is a single, integrated curriculum that successfully trains lifeguards and lifeguard instructors through proven training methods and state-of-the-art lifeguard rescue skills.
Program components include:
- First Aid
- Health Care Provider CPR
- Emergency Oxygen Support
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Swim distance using front crawl (freestyle) or breaststroke without resting: 100 yards
- Feet-first surface dive, retrieve a 10-lb. brick, and bring it to the surface
- Tread water without using arms for 1 minute
Class Registration (Offered December - June)
Interested parties should do the following:
- Register for an upcoming certification course - Registration Page
- Complete a DPR Summer Employee Application (required for all lifeguard candidates)
- Residents: $100 (Total fee for residents would be $110)
- Non-Residents: $150
- Registration: $10
- Residents: $40 (Total fee for residents would be $50)
- Non-Residents: $75
For questions concerning lifeguard training, please contact Yarne Glascoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.