What an amazing summer!!!! DPR Kids, Camps & Co-op Division would like to thank all of our parents, staff, volunteers - but most importantly, our campers for a wonderful #DPRSummerCamps 2015 experience. We wish all of our campers a successful 2015/2016 academic school year and we look forward to seeing many of you again next summer!!!!
Updates & announcements regarding DPR Summer Camps 2016 will be released on or around mid-January 2016.
Extended Summer Camps
Additional Camps & Updates were added on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
Refund and transfer request processing opened on Monday, March 16, 2015. Download the 2015 Refund Request form.
Before and after care registration opens on Monday, March 23, 2015 at 12 noon.
Construction at DPR Sites
The following sites will have construction taking place during the 2015 summer season, therefore camps cannot be offered at these locations. Please contact DPR's Camps Office should you need assistance to find an alternate camp location in your area.
Sites under construction/not offering camps:
- Ward 1: Kalorama
- Ward 3: Friendship & Palisades
- Ward 4: Lafayette & Fort Stevens
- Ward 6: Watkins
- Ward 7: Benning Stoddert, Fort Davis & Ridge Road
Summer Camps Registration Schedule
Registration will begin on Monday, February 23, 2015, for select site locations. Each day a different group of site locations will open for registration and on Thursday, March 5, the final group of site locations will become available for first-time registration. Registration will open each day at 12 noon. Interested participants may register online or in person at the Summer Camp Office. Registration during this period will be open to DC residents only. Before and after care registration will not be available during this time period.
Camp registration links will not be made "live" until the day of registration. Please read carefully to ensure you are prepared to register for the camp of your choice on the correct day. Once a camp opens for enrollment, it will not close until that camp is full.
Monday, February 23 at 12 noon
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center (100 Joliet Street, SW - Ward 8)
- Banneker Community Center (2500 Georgia Avenue, NW - Ward 1)
- Volta Park Recreation Center (1555 34th Street, NW - Ward 2) ** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
Monday, February 23 at 12 noon
In-person registration opens
- All REC Center camps require in-person registration only. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for REC camp locations. Registration is available during the normal operating hours of the participating sites. Online registration is not offered for this camp.
- Southeast Tennis and Learning Center (SETLC)
- The tennis camps at SETLC require an in-person registration and assessment. For more information, call (202) 645-6242.
- Takoma Community Center
- All DPR Tennis camps require an in-person registration and assessment.
- For the SETLC location, assessments and registration are available during the normal operating hours of the center.
- For the Takoma location, please email Jeri Ingram at Jeri.Ingram@dc.gov to schedule an assessment.
- Online registration is not offered for this camp.
Therapeutic Recreation (TR) Center Camps
- All TR Center camps require an in-person registration at the TR Center and an assessment. Registration is available during the normal operating hours of the center. Online registration is not offered for this camp.
Tuesday, February 24 at 12 noon
- Columbia Heights Community Center (1480 Girard Street, NW - Ward 1)
- Hillcrest Recreation Center (3100 Denver Street, SE - Ward 7)
- Kennedy Recreation Center (1401 7th Street, NW - Ward 6)
- Trinidad Recreation Center (1310 Childress Street, NE - Ward 5)
Wednesday, February 25 at 12 noon
- Park View Community Center (693 Otis Place, NW - Ward 1)
- Riggs-LaSalle Recreation Center (501 Riggs Road, NE - Ward 4)
- Sherwood Recreation Center (640 10th Street, NE - Ward 6)
Thursday, February 26 at 12 noon
- Chevy Chase Community Center (5601 Connecticut Avenue, NW - Ward 3) **This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
- Lamond Recreation Center (20 Tuckerman Street, NE - Ward 4)
Mitchell Park Recreation Center (1801 23rd Street, NW - Ward 2)
Little Explorers (ages 3 - 5)
** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
- Little Explorers (ages 3 - 5)
- North Michigan Park Recreation Center (1333 Emerson Street, NE - Ward 5)
Friday, February 27 at 12 noon
- Chevy Chase Recreation Center (5500 41st Street, NW - Ward 3) ** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
- Emery Recreation Center (5801 Georgia Avenue, NW - Ward 4)
Jelleff Recreation Center (3265 S Street, NW - Ward 2) ** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
Please note that registration is divided by age group. Please be sure to register your child in the correct age group.
- Langdon Park Recreation Center (2901 20th Street, NE - Ward 5)
Monday, March 2 at 12 noon
- Fort Stanton Community Center (1812 Erie Street, SE - Ward 8)
- Joseph H. Cole Recreation Center (1299 Neal Street, NE - Ward 5)
- Takoma Community Center (300 Van Buren Street, NW - Ward 4)
Tuesday, March 3 at 12 noon
- Hardy Recreation Center (4500 Q Street, NW - Ward 3) ** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
- Raymond Recreation Center (3725 10th Street, NW - Ward 4)
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center (1100 Michigan Avenue, NE - Ward 5)
Wednesday, March 4 at 12 noon
- Barry Farm Recreation Center (2501 Martin Luther King Jr Ave, SE - Ward 8)
- Deanwood Recreation Center (1350 49th Street, NE - Ward 7)
- Rose Park Recreation Center (2609 Dumbarton Street, NW - Ward 2) ** This Center is NOT a Free Summer Meals Site
Thursday, March 5 at 12 noon - Postponed until Friday, March 6
Friday, March 6 at 12 noon
- Harry Thomas Sr. Recreation Center (1743 Lincoln Road, NE - Ward 5)
- Hearst Recreation Center (3950 37th Street, NW - Ward 3)
- Petworth Recreation Center (801 Taylor Street, NW - Ward 4)
- Stead Recreation Center (1625 P Street, NW - Ward 2)
- Snow Day hold**
** Please note, if during the rolling registration period, DC Government closes due to inclement weather, then an announcement will be made, and that day's registration will take place on Friday, March 6th.
Additional Camps Added - Summer Camps Rolling Registration Schedule
Registration will open on Monday, March 9 at 12 noon. View and Register for Additional Camps Added - Summer Camps .
Registration for non-District residents will open on Monday, March 23 at 12 noon and will remain open to residents, non-residents and residents who are applying for reduced rate fees. Before and after care registration will open for District residents, non-residents and residents applying for reduced rate fees.
Please note that DPR does not maintain waiting lists for summer camps.
Although DPR Summer Camp 2015 Registration can be completed in-person, it is highly recommended that non-residents and DC residents who are not applying for reduced rate fees, complete their registrations online. Applicants who register in-person are NOT guaranteed a spot in summer camp.
It is highly recommended that applicants who are requesting a reduced rate, finalize their applications during the pre-qualification period, in order to expedite online camp registration.
The pre-qualification period opened on Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
Please note that DPR will not process any transfer requests or refund requests until after March 16, 2015. After the rolling registration period has ending. Please click here to download the 2015 refund request form.
Monday, March 9 at 12 noon
- Click on Additional Summer Camps Added rolling registration information. Registration will take place daily, from Monday, March 9 through Friday, March 13.
In person registration is required for all REC camps. Registration for these camps will open on Monday, February 23. Online registration is not available for these camps, in person registration must take place at the site that your child will attend during each sites normal hours of operation.
- Arboretum Recreation Center : 2412 Rand Place, NE (Ward 5)
- Benning Park Community Center : Southern Avenue & Fable Street, SE (Ward 7)
- Brentwood Recreation Center : 2311 14th Street, NE (Ward 5)
- Congress Heights Recreation Center : 611 Alabama Avenue, SE (Ward 8)
- Ferebee Hope Recreation Center : 3999 8th Street, SE (Ward 8)
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center : 201 N Street, SW (Ward 6)
- Langdon Park Community Center : 2901 20th Street, NE (Ward 5)
- Marie Reed Recreation Center : 2200 Champlain Street, NW (Ward 1)
- Marvin Gaye Recreation Center : 6201 Banks Street, NE (Ward 7)
- Rosedale Recreation Center : 1701 Gales Street, NE (Ward 6)
- Upshur Recreation Center : 4300 Arkansas Avenue, NW (Ward 4)
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0372
Fax: (202) 671-2796