DPR Summer Camps will open for registration on Monday, March 22, at 12pm!!
If you have questions, or need assistance, DPR's Registration Office can be reached at 202-673-3237 or DPRr[email protected].
How to Apply
Applications will be available online beginning Monday, March 8, 2021. Please note that DPR no longer accepts paper applications. DPR's Reduced Rate application can be found here (The Reduced Rate Application has been suspended. All camp spaces for 2021 are currently filled). To submit online application, the information marked (*) must be completed.
Once the application is submitted, applicants will be contacted to schedule an appointment to visit DPR's Summer Camp Registration office at the Deanwood Recreation Center (1350 49th Street NE) with the required supporting documentation to complete their application. Applicants will be notified during their visit if their application was approved. Qualifying families will receive either a 50% or 75% discount, depending on income level.
The goal of the pre-qualification period is to assist D.C. residents with completing their reduced rate applications so they can easily register for camp when registration opens on March 22, 2021. Registration will close for Sessions 1 & 2 on June 1st, and for Sessions 3 & 4 on July 1st.
- Beginning January 13, 2020, DPR will no longer accept paper applications
- Reduced rate approval does not guarantee customer space into camp.
- Applications must be approved for reduced rate prior to registering for camp.
- Full Payment is due upon registration.
- Reduced rates do NOT apply to Before and After Care fees, and does not apply to DPR REC Camps.
If an applicant registers and pays for camp and does not submit a reduced rate application, or a reduced rate application has not yet been approved, the applicant will not be eligible to apply for reduced rate after registration is complete.
In order to qualify for a reduced rate for DPR Summer Camps, applicants must be a DC resident and must provide proof of residency and proof of income, according to Federal guidelines. Applicants for a reduced rate are REQUIRED to provide the following:
- Reduced rate application (can be completed online or at the registration office)
- Proof of Residency (ONE of the following documents):
- Pay stub (issued within the last 45 days)
- Utility bill (gas, electric, or water within the past 2 months)
- Valid DC Motor Vehicle Registration
- Valid DC-government issued photo
- Valid lease or rental agreement
- A notarized letter signed by the persons with whom you reside that includes your name, your child(ren), and address.
- Two pieces of mail with your current name, address, and date, must accompany the notarized letter.
- Proof of Qualifying Income (ONE of the following):
- 2019 or 2020 Tax Return (Required if employed)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Social Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Retirement/Annuity Document
- Unemployment Benefits or Worker's Compensation Disability
- Child Support Document
For more information about summer camps registration, please contact the DPR Registration Office at (202) 673-3237 or [email protected]