DPR strives to provide a robust community engagement process that ensures all residents' voices are heard and respected during the process of studying the future use of the Jelleff Community Center. To that end, DPR is making available public documents related to the current feasibility study as well as a community survey that is now available.
The below is a snapshot view of the timeline detailing the feasibility study process for the Jelleff project. Stay tuned for more information by routinely checking this page.
November 2020 - Project Kickoff
- Consultant onboarded
- Site-based studies begin
- Community engagement plan developed
- DPR attends the Nov 30th ANC 2E meeting to discuss the feasibility study and community engagement schedule
December 2020 - Stakeholder Sessions
- Perkins Eastman holds session with Boys and Girls Club Leadership
- Perkins Eastman holds session with local schools (ex. Hardy Middle School, Duke Ellington School of the Arts, British International School of Washington, Dumbarton Oaks, and Maret School)
- Perkins Eastman holds session with Civic Leaders (ex. Ward 2 Councilmember, ANC2E Commissioners, Citizens of Georgetown, and various community leaders)
January 2021 - Public Engagement Sessions
- Perkins Eastman DC attends January 4th ANC 2E Meeting with DPR and DGS
- Perkins Eastman announces online community survey
- Now available - click here to take the survey
- Perkins Eastman announces a virtual community meeting
February 2021 - Drafting of Study
- Site-based studies conclude
- Perkins Eastman compiles study
March 2021 - Final Community Engagement Session and Delivery of Feasibility Study
- Perkins Eastman hosts final community engagement session
- Perkins Eastman delivers final feasibility study
For specific questions, please contact Tommie Jones, Chief of External Affairs at (202) 431-8676.