- The Reduced Rate Pre-Qualification period began on Monday, January 23, 2017.
- 2017 Summer Camp Rolling Registration began on Monday, February 27, 2017.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is excited to announce the 2017 Summer Camps season as we prepare for another great summer of swimming, field trips, creative activities, and new experiences in the District of Columbia. The 2017 Summer Camp season will offer five sessions from June 19 through August 18, 2017.
DPR's rolling registration for the 2017 Summer Camp season opens on Monday, February 27, 2017 at 12 noon.
Before and after care registration opens on Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12 noon.
Reduced Rate Pre-Qualification period opened on Monday, January 23, 2017.
2017 Session Dates
- Session 1: June 19 – June 30, 2017
- Session 2: July 3 – July 14, 2017 (Holiday Observed, July 4)
- Session 3: July 17 – July 28, 2017
- Session 4: July 31 – August 11, 2017
- Session 5: August 14 - August 18, 2017
Most camps operate Monday through Friday, from 9 am – 5 pm.
DPR also offers a Before and After Care package for an additional flat rate. Before care is offered from 8 am – 9 am and after care is offered from 5 pm – 6 pm.
** Please note that select camps will follow an alternate session schedule. Those camps will be identified on their individual pages.
2017 Summer Camp Information
2017 Summer Camp Registration
- Sign Up for Summer Camps - Rolling registration opens on Monday, February 27 at 12 noon.
- Sign Up for Summer Camp Before and After Care - Registration opens on Monday, March 27 at 12 noon.
2017 Summer Camp Rolling Registration Schedule
Summer Camp registration opened on Monday, February 27, 2016 at 12 noon. Please see the schedule below for the camp location of your choice. Visit Sign Up for Summer Camps to register.
|Mon., Feb 27||Tues., Feb 28||Wed., Mar 1||Thurs., Mar 2|
- Fort Stevens
- Joe Cole
- N Michigan Park
- Volta Park
|- Chevy Chase CC
- Ridge Road
moved to 3/3
for KIPP DC
|- Ferebee Hope
- Langdon Park
- Turkey Thicket
|Fri., Mar 3||Mon., Mar 6||Tues., Mar 7||Wed., Mar 8|
|- Bald Eagle
- Mitchell Park
- *NEW: KIPP DC:
moved from 3/1)
- Chevy Chase RC
- Fort Stanton
- Rose Park
|- Columbia Heights
- Harry Thomas
- Lafayette ES
|Thurs., Mar 9||Fri., Mar 10|
- Riggs LaSalle
|- Guy Mason
- Park View
* SETLC & TR Ctr camps require in-person assessment, prior to registration. -- REC Camps registration must take place in-person, at the specific camp location (for example, to register for REC Camp at Lamond, you must visit Lamond Rec Ctr.)
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0372
Fax: (202) 671-2796
Email: [email protected]
2017 Summer Camp office hours:
Monday: 9:30 am - 7 pm
Tuesday - Friday: 9:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday