2017 DPR Summer Jobs
DPR's Human Resources Division opened the 2017 summer hiring application on Friday, January 27, 2017.
For each job type listed below (i.e. REC Camp, Little Explorers Camp, Aquatics, etc.) interested applicants should click on that positions specific "employment application" link. Within that link, you may apply for the various position(s) offered within that specific camp or division. Applicants must apply within the specific camp or division of interest. Please note that Aqua Day Camp positions are located under Aquatics and are no longer classified under Camps/Aqua Day Camp.
If you would like to learn more about the position, including an example of duties, qualifications (such as education or experience required), the pay rate, start date and more, please click on the "PD (Position Description)" link.
For a comprehensive list of DPR's summer job applications, please visit DPR Summer Jobs on DCHR.
Summer Aquatics staff will have the opportunity to be pool managers, assistant pool managers, lifeguards, customer service representatives (CSR's) and more.
- Aqua Day Camp Counselor - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Aqua Day Camp Facilitator - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Aqua Day Camp Assistant Facilitator - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Assistant Pool Manager - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Lifeguard - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Customer Service Representative - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Food and Beverage Manager - Application | Position Description (PD)
- Concessionaire - Application | Position Description (PD)
SUMMER CAMPS DIVISION
- Camp Play DC
- Description: Camp Play DC is a fun, interactive camp in which participants (ages 6 -10) can look forward to intense learning through play! Included are visits to the many new Play DC playground sites throughout the city, as well as a rigorous curriculum highlighting how play can serve to teach and improve social interaction. Come on and play!
- Discovery Camp
- Description: Discovery Camp Facilitators will use a theme-based curriculum to help children get to know themselves and the world around them. Camp participants (ages 6 - 10) will participate in daily morning meetings, arts and crafts activities, explorations, Drop-Everything-And-Read (DEAR), games, sports, and choice activities.
- Little Explores Camp
- Description: Little Explorers Camp Facilitators will use a theme-based curriculum, taught by experienced early childhood development staff, with a staff to child ratio of 1:4 to 1:5. Camp participants (ages 3 - 5) will participate in daily morning meetings, arts and crafts activities, explorations, Drop-Everything-And-Read (DEAR), games, sports, and choice activities.
- REC Camp
- Description: Participants will get a diverse, hands-on learning experience in fitness, sports, the arts, and the environment. Learning experiences include fitness activities and facts, sports, nature walks, plays, and games. Camp participants (ages 6 - 13) will develop and increase their peer social interactions.
- Sports Camp
- Description: Sport Camps are aligned to DPR’s mantra of “Move. Grow. Be Green.” Each day participants (ages 8 - 13) will participate in a variety of activities that will encourage and support movement, personal growth, and environmental stewardship. Participants will be taught basic to advanced sport-specific skills.
- Summer Camp Office
- Therapeutic Recreation Camp
- Verano Spanish Camp
- Description: Verano Spanish Camp is a terrific way for campers (ages 3 - 5) to develop and reinforce Spanish language skills through music, stories, arts and crafts, and theatre. Led by a dynamic and creative staff, campers spend each day exploring – from one activity to the next – an experience that not only teaches, but also allows for lots of fun.
ROVING LEADERS DIVISION
- Description: The Roving Leaders division is responsible for developing and implementing broad based programs, activities and intervention strategies for youth. The program works with young people through recreation programing, counseling and other support mechanisms.
SUPPORT SERVICES DIVISION
* Please note that DPR does not handle (nor accept) SYEP / DC Summer Youth Employment Program applications. Please contact the Department of Employment Services (DOES) at (202) 698-3492, [email protected] or visit http://bit.ly/MBB_SYEP_2017Application.
Thank you for your interest in DPR!!!!
DPR Human Resources
Summer Hiring Division
1250 U Street, NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 673-7603
Email: [email protected]