Please visit Cooperative Play 2017-2018 for information regarding registration, fees, locations and more
for the upcoming program year!!!
#SaveTheDate - The 2017-2018 Cooperative Play Open Houses will be held February 7 - 9 AND April 5 - 7, 2017.
Please see below for dates, times and locations.
2017-2018 Open House Information
The Cooperative Play program hosts Open Houses for new and prospective parents/guardians each year. For the 2017-2018 year, Open Houses will be held on February 7 - 9 AND April 5 - 7, 2017.
Cooperative Play Open Houses are open to adults only (please do not bring children) from 9:30 am to 11:30 am each day. Drop-in visits are limited to 20 minutes per parent/guardian.
Prior to attending an open house, please visit the Registration & Enrollment Eligibility page to ensure that your child meets all of the program's enrollment & eligibility requirements.
Parents/guardians are invited to "drop-in visit" at one (or all) of the Open Houses on the dates listed below, between 9:30 am and 11:30 am:
- Tuesday, February 7 - or - Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Columbia Heights Comm Ctr - 1480 Girard St., NW | Butterflies (2½ - 4 y.o.) & Caterpillars (18 - 29 mo.)
- * Banneker Comm Ctr - 2500 Georgia Ave., NW (originally located at Harrison Rec Ctr) | 18 - 29 mo.
- Mitchell Park Rec Ctr - 1801 23rd St., NW | 2½ - 4 y.o.
Raymond Rec Ctr - 3725 10th St., NW | 18 - 29 mo.
* Please note that the cooperative play program originally located at Harrison Rec Ctr, has been permanently relocated to Banneker Comm Ctr.)
- Wednesday, February 8 - or - Thursday, April 6, 2017
- Hearst Rec Ctr - 3950 37th St., NW | 2½ - 4 y.o.
- Rose Park Rec Ctr - 2609 Dumbarton St., NW | 18 - 29 mo.
- Turkey Thicket Rec Ctr - 1100 Michigan Ave., NE | 18 - 29 mo.
** Jelleff Rec Ctr - 3265 S St., NW (formerly located at Volta Park Rec Ctr) | Bunnies (18 - 29 mo.) & Rabbits (2½ - 4 y.o.)
** Please note that the cooperative play program originally located at Volta Park Rec Ctr, has been temporarily relocated to Jelleff Rec Ctr, due to construction at Volta Park. Any parent/guardian that has registrered for Volta Park for the 2016-2017 session should report to Jelleff. Volta Park Co-op is expected to return to the Volta Park location (1555 34th St., NW) in September 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience.)
- Thursday, February 9 - or - Friday, April 7, 2017
- Chevy Chase Comm Ctr - 5601 Connecticut Ave., NW | 2½ - 4 y.o.
- Chevy Chase Rec Ctr - 5500 41st St., NW | 18 - 29 mo.
- Guy Mason Rec Ctr - 3600 Calvert St., NW | 2½ - 4 y.o.
- Kennedy Rec Ctr - 1401 7th St., NW | 2½ - 4 y.o.
Please note the following:
- Open houses are for adult visitors only; please do not bring children.
- Open house drop-in visits are limited to 20 minutes per person per location.
- Cooperative Play at Harrison has been permanently relocated to Banneker Comm Ctr.
Cooperative Play at Volta Park has been temporarily relocated to Jelleff Rec Ctr.
In the event a parent/guardian is unable to attend one of the scheduled open houses, please contact the Cooperative Play Office at (202) 671-0421 or [email protected] to schedule an individual visitation.
Cooperative Play Program
DC Department of Parks and Recreation
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
1480 Girard Street, NW - 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0421
Email: [email protected]