Cooperative Play Program 2017-2018 information is now live. Please visit Cooperative Play 2017-2018 for
information regarding registration, fees, locations and more for the upcoming program year!!!
#SaveTheDate - The 2017-2018 Cooperative Play Open Houses will be held February 7-9 AND April 5-7, 2017.
Please visit Co-op Play Open House for dates, times and locations.
Through the Cooperative Play Program (Co-op), young children ages 18 months through 4 years old* are introduced to a structured play setting with activities that engage the whole child—mentally, socially, physically, and emotionally—in preparation for entering the formal education system. Emphasis is placed on socialization such as learning to take turns; cognitive growth through music, painting, and cutting; and gross motor development by running and jumping.
The involvement and leadership of parents is one of the most unique and exciting parts of the DPR Cooperative Play Program. All parents and guardians serve duty days (usually one day per week, per child) to assist the site facilitator with the organizing, implementing, and planning of activities. Parent groups will often bring in outside partners like yoga or music instructors for the children and many sites plan field trips to the zoo, the postal museum or the firehouse to coincide with the month’s theme.
DPR's Cooperative Play Program operates during the DC Public School (DCPS) school year, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon; including winter/spring break and holidays. To register, children must be within the required age range for a program on September 30th of their enrollment year. For more information or to learn more about the Cooperative Play program, please contact the Cooperative play office or attend one of our cooperative play open houses.
- Cooperative Play Open House 2017-2018
- Cooperative Play Program Parent Handbook
2017-2018 Program Dates
- The 2017-2018 season has not started.
- #SaveTheDate - Open Houses will be held in two sessions: February 7-9, 2017 and April 5-7, 2017.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 year will open on Monday, April 3, 2017 at 12 pm for DC residents; and Monday, April 10, 2017 at 12 pm for non-DC residents.
- The Cooperative Play 2017-2018 program dates are from Tuesday, September 5, 2017 through Friday, May 25, 2018.
- Please visit Cooperative Play 2017-2018 for information regarding registration, fees, locations and more for the upcoming program year.
2016-2017 Program Dates
- We are currently in the 2016-2017 season.
- Open Houses were held in two sessions: February 10-12, 2016 and March 9-11, 2016.
- Registration for the 2016-2017 year opened on March 21 for DC residents and April 18 for non-DC residents. Registration closed on December 31, 2016.
- The Cooperative Play 2016-2017 program dates are from Tuesday, September 6, 2016 through Friday, May 26, 2017.
Cooperative Play Division
DC Department of Parks and Recreation
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
1480 Girard Street, NW - 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0421
Fax: (202) 671-2796
Email: [email protected]