Each year, DPR participates in the National Afterschool Meals program provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education. (OSSE) This year, the Summer Meals Program has been extended through December 2020.
The DC Youth Meals Program features no-cost, grab and go afternoon meals for kids 5-18 years old.
With a focus on healthy eating, fresh produce and nutritious sources of protein can be found in each meal.
Service will be available Monday - Friday,
from 10:00AM - 2:00PM
No application. No income requirements. No ID needed.
- Arthur Capper Recreation Center | 1000 5th ST SE
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center | 100 Joliet ST SW
- Barry Farm Recreation Center | 1230 Sumner RD SE
- Columbia Heights Recreation Center | 1480 Girard ST NW
- Deanwood Community Center | 1350 49th ST NE
- Edgewood Recreation Center | 301 Franklin ST NE
- Emery Heights Community Center | 5701 Georgia AVE NW
- Fort Stanton Recreation Center | 1812 Erie St SE
- Hillcrest Recreation Center | 3100 Denver ST SE
- Kenilworth Recreation Center | 4321 Ord ST NE
- Marvin Gaye Recreation Center | 15 61 ST NE
- Raymond Recreation Center | 3725 10th ST NW
- Ridge Road Community Center | 830 Ridge RD SE
- Rosedale Recreation Center | 1701 Gales ST NE
- Southeast Tennis and Learning Center | 701 Mississippi Ave SE
- Therapuetic Recreation Center | 3030 G ST SE
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center | 1100 Michigane Ave NW
No application. No income requirements. No ID necessary. Anyone, 18 & under, can show up to a meals location and be served.
Meal service times are Mondays through Friday from 10:00 am - 2:00pm.
A complete list of DPR and DC Public School meal sites HERE.
Interested in Becoming a Provider Site
DC's Provider sites distribute/provide free summer meals to our youth in the District. Provider sites include DPR, DC Public Libraries, churches, various school locations, various Boys and Girls clubs, youth centers and more. For more information about starting the process to be a provider site (whether new or returning), visit DC Free Summer Meals Program Frequently Asked Questions.
To learn about citywide summer activities for youth #SummerStrongDC, please visit Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC . #Meals4DCKids #SummerMealsDC
DPR provides after school supper meals as a part of the Kids' Café program at select DPR locations.
- United States Department of Agriculture - Food & Nutrition Service: Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) FSMP
- Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC 2017 - #SummerStrongDC
- DC Hunger Solutions (FSMP)
- Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) Kid's Cafe program
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Emery Recreation Center
5701 Georgia Ave., NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20011
Main Line: (202) 541-6457
Second Line: (202) 576-7622
Fax: (202) 541-9519
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm || Closed: Saturday & Sunday