In partnership with Capital Area Food Bank, DPR provides after school supper meals as a part of the Kids' Café program at select DPR locations.
Kids' Cafe is a national program of Feeding America that provides afterschool and summer meals to children ages 5 - 18. The DPR Kids' Café sites are located in communities where at least 50% of the children in local schools are eligible for free or reduced-price meals. All of our Kids' Café sites offer some sort of enrichment activities for youth (homework help, mentoring, tutoring, clubs, computer skills, and more).
With a focus on healthy eating, the Kids' Café menu features fresh produce in every meal.
*Please note, the Kids' Café program is not an open/"drop-in" feeding program.
Please contact the center directly for further information or to inquire about enrolling a child in the Kids' Café program.
The 2016 Kids' Café program site are as follows:
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center | 100 Joliet Street, SW (Ward 8)
- Barry Farm Recreation Center | 1230 Sumner Road, SE (Ward 8)
- Columbia Heights Community Center | 1480 Girard Street, NW (Ward 1)
- Deanwood Recreation Center | 1350 49th Street, NE (Ward 7)
- Ferebee Hope Recreation Center | 3999 8th Street, SE (Ward 8)
- Fort Davis Community Center | 1400 41st Street, SE (Ward 7)
- Kennedy Recreation Center | 1401 7th Street, NW (Ward 6)
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center | 201 N Street, SW (Ward 6)
- Marvin Gaye Recreation Center | 6201 Banks Street, NE (Ward 7)
- Park View Community Center | 1480 Girard Street, NW (Ward 1)
- Rosedale Community Center | 1701 Gales Street, NE (Ward 6)
- Trinidad Recreation Center | 1301 Childress Street, NE (Ward 5)
Turkey Thicket Recreation Center | 110 Michigan Avenue, NE (Ward 5)
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Emery Recreation Center
5701 Georgia Avenue, NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20011
Phone: (202) 409-7389 or (202) 258-1944
Fax: (202) 541-9519
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday