DPR is preparing for the 2017 DC Free Summer Meals Program season!!
- Please visit DC FSMP 2017 Dates for upcoming important dates.
- Letters of intent are due March 10, 2017.
- Application packets are due Monday, April 3, 2017.
- 2017 DPR feeding site locations have not been released.
- Looking for a citywide site near you? Please click here.
- For a list of all DPR locations providing meals, please click here. *Please note that the 2017 locations have not been released. (Feb 27, 2017)
- Interested in becoming a provider site? Please click here.
- To learn about citywide summer activities for youth, please visit Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC website.
#Meals4DCKids #SummerMealsDC #SummerStrongDC
What is the Office of Food and Nutrition Services?
DPR's Office of Food and Nutrition Services (OFNS) provides nutritious meals and snacks to children in the District of Columbia. Per an agreement with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), OFNS administers and is financially responsible for the operation of two major United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) food assistance programs:
Via these programs, OFNS fulfills its mission to provide nutritious meals and snacks to children at participating DPR Recreation Centers, DC Public Libraries, DC Housing Authority locations, faith based organizations, day care centers and community based after school programs.
What is the DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP)?
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), known in Washington, DC as the DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP), is a program that provides free, nutritious meals to children 18 years of age and younger in low income areas (i.e. areas in which 50% or more children/households receive free and reduced price meals during the school year). The District's FSMP program is made possible through the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) and the Office of the State Superintedent of Education (OSSE).
For more information, please visit DPR's DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP) website page.
What is the Kids Cafe?
In partnership with Capital Area Food Bank, DPR provides after school supper meals as a part of the Kids Café program at select DPR locations. Kids Cafe is a national program of Feeding America that provides afterschool and summer meals to children ages 5 - 18.
For more information, please visit DPR's Kids Cafe website page.
Meet DPR's Office of Food and Nutrition Services Team
Mark McCain - Chief Program Manager - [email protected]
Angela Bates - Senior Staff Administrator - [email protected]
Stephon Garrett - Staff Assistant - [email protected]
Alfonso Carter - Program Monitor - [email protected]
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Emery Recreation Center
5701 Georgia Ave., NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20011
Phone: (202) 576-7622
Fax: (202) 541-9519
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday