DC kids and teens have access to free afterschool meals at the following DPR locations:
- Arthur Capper Recreation Center | 1000 5th St SE
- Barry Farm Recreation Center | 1230 Sumner Rd SE
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center | 100 Joliet St SW
- Columbia Heights Community Center | 1480 Girard St NW
- Deanwood Recreation Center | 1350 49th St NE
- Edgewood Recreation Center | 300 Evarts St NE
- Emery Heights Community Center | 5701 Georgia Ave NW
- Fort Stanton Recreation Center | 1812 Erie St SE
- Kenilworth Recreation Center | 4321 Ord St NE
- Raymond Recreation Center | 3725 10th St NW
- Ridge Road Community Center | 830 Ridge Rd SE
- Rosedale Recreation Center | 1701 Gales St NE
- Sherwood Recreation Center | 640 10th St NE
- Southeast Tennis & Learning Center | 701 Mississippi Ave SE
- Trinidad Recreation Center | 1310 Childress St NE
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center | 1100 Michigan Ave NE
- Theraputic Recreation Center | 3030 G St SE
No application. No income requirements. No ID necessary. Anyone, 18 & under, can show up to a meals location and be served.
Meal service times are Mondays through Friday from 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
Each year, DPR participates in a Free Food Service Program aimed at serving kids under the age of 18 with highly nutritious meals in across the District in some of the most vital, at-risk areas. As a primary sponsor for the program, DPR recruits over 130 organizations to join the agency as affiliated locations that serves meals though the agency’s contract.
DPR recieves support from the Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to make free meals for kids happen.
With these partners, DPR serves breakfasts, lunchs, and afternoon snacks each day during the summer and school year when children are in our care.
Interested in Becoming a Provider Site
DC's Provider sites distribute/provide free summer meals to our youth in the District. Provider sites include DPR, DC Public Libraries, churches, various school locations, various Boys and Girls clubs, youth centers and more. For more information about starting the process to be a provider site (whether new or returning), visit DC Free Summer Meals Program Frequently Asked Questions.
To learn about citywide summer activities for youth #SummerStrongDC, please visit Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC . #Meals4DCKids #SummerMealsDC
DPR provides after school supper meals as a part of the Kids' Café program at select DPR locations.
- United States Department of Agriculture - Food & Nutrition Service: Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) FSMP
- Mayor Bowser's Summer Strong DC 2017 - #SummerStrongDC
- DC Hunger Solutions (FSMP)
- Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) Kid's Cafe program
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Emery Recreation Center
5701 Georgia Ave., NW - 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20011
Main Line: (202) 541-6457
Second Line: (202) 576-7622
Fax: (202) 541-9519
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm || Closed: Saturday & Sunday