- Please note that Spring Break camp registration, originally scheduled to take place on Monday, February 29, 2016; has been postponed. Registration will open on Monday, March 7, 2016.
- 3 new camps have been added for youth ages 3 - 5 years old.
- A new Multi-Sport camp has been added at North Michigan Park for ages 8 - 13. This camp has a seperate link for registration. Please see below for details.
Spring Break 2016 will be held Monday, March 28 - Friday, April 1, 2016 from 9 am to 5 pm.
Registration opens Monday, March 7 at 12 noon. * New Date
** Please note, before and after care are not offered for the 2016 Spring Break Camp. A Sports camp has been added.
DPR offers full-day Spring Break Camps for children, ages 3 to 5, 6 to 12, and 8 to 13 years old, during DC Public Schools' (DCPS) Spring Break. DPR provides youth with a variety of structured games, sports, character-education exercises, and arts and crafts. Our goal is to plant the seeds of personal development and environmental responsibility in a fun and engaging recreation setting.
Breakfast and lunch are not provided. Please plan to send your child with a lunch each day and an afternoon snack. In an effort to be mindful of allergies, we ask that you refrain from sending your child with any peanut or other nut products. Participants should wear comfortable clothes and sneakers. We suggest that campers also bring a reusable water bottle.
Parents/guardians are asked to fill out and bring two mandatory forms on the first day of Spring Break Camp. The Spring Break Camp - Program Participation Waiver and the DPR Spring Break Camp - DOH CHA HSEP opt out form are both required. Please be sure to turn in both of these forms on the first day of camp.
2016 Registration Fees
- $50 per child; due at registration
- Before and after care will not be offered.
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration. Please note that fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Spring Break Camp registration will open on Monday, March 7. Please register here for Multi-Sport only. * New Date
- You will be redirected to either the Spring Break Camps full listing page; or the Multi-Sport only registration page.
- Log-in with your username and password or create an account.
- Select the camp location. It will be automatically added to your cart.
- Select "check-out" and make payment.
2016 Camp Locations
*NEW - 3 to 5 years old
Ward 1: *NEW - Coumbia Heights Community Center - 1480 Girard St., NW | (202) 671-0373
Ward 3: *NEW - Chevy Chase Community Center - 5601 Connecticut Ave., NW | (202) 282-2204
Ward 7: *NEW - Hillcrest Recreation Center - 3100 Denver St., SE | (202) 645-9200
6 to 12 years old
Ward 2: Jelleff Recreation Center - 3265 S St., NW | (202) 462-1317
Ward 3: Hearst Recreation Center - 3950 37th St., NW | (202) 282-2207
Ward 4: Lamond Recreation Center - 20 Tuckerman St., NE | (202) 576-9541
Raymond Recreation Center - 3725 10th St., NW | (202) 671-2181
Ward 5: Turkey Thicket Rec. Cntr. - 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE | (202) 576-9238
Ward 6: Kennedy Recreation Center - 1401 7th Street, NW | (202) 671-4794
Sherwood Recreation Center - 640 10th St., NE | (202) 698-3075
Ward 7: Benning Park Community Center - Southern Ave. & Fable St., SE | (202) 341-6765
Deanwood Recreation Center - 1350 49th Street, NE | (202) 671-3077
Ward 8: Bald Eagle Recreation Center - 100 Joliet Street, SW | (202) 671-5125
Barry Farm Recreation Center - 1230 Sumner Rd., SE | (202) 730-0572
Ferebee-Hope Recreation Center - 3999 8th Street, SE | (202) 645-3916
*NEW - 8 to 13 years old - Multi Sport Only
Ward 5: *NEW - North Michigian Park Recreation Center - 1333 Emerson St., NE | (202) 541-3522
**Multi-Sport camp is only offered at North Michigan Park.
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0372
Fax: (202) 671-2796