Creating an online DPR account for you and your family opens the doors to all that DPR has to offer:
- Register for DPR programs like fitness, sports, or camp
- Apply for a permit to use a DPR site or equipment
- Pay for DPR programs or permits
- RSVP for DPR events
- "Swipe" to enter indoor pools and a growing number of recreation centers
How to Create a DPR Account
To create a new "Household" DPR account, visit this link and complete the information. A "Household" can be an individual, or it can include multiple caregivers as well as children in order to allow minors without accounts to register for programs. Minors should be included in the household of their caregivers, and each resident (including minors) should have only one DPR account.
Note that you must upload residency documents to your DPR account to confirm your DC residency if you wish to receive the DC resident rates and program registration opportunities. To upload documents and verify your DC residency, simply follow these steps:
- Login to your DPR account here or, if you do not have an account, create one here.
- Verify your DC residency by clicking here if you are already logged in to the web portal or by clicking here if you are NOT already logged in. Once logged in, fill out the DC Residency Verification form, upload the required document(s), and click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Once you receive confirmation from the DPR Registration Office and you are now able to register for DPR programming as a DC resident!
Not Sure if You Already Have a DPR Account?
If you think you might already have a DPR account, you are strongly encouraged to make sure before creating a possible duplicate account. To determine if you have an existing DPR account, visit this link and use the "Forgot Username?" or "Forgot Password?" links to reset your password.
To make the registration process go smoothly, you must also make sure your account is fully up-to-date and accurate. You are encouraged to check the following:
- Double-check your address and zip code
- Have you added your children to your household account? Have you added ALL of your children?
- Are your children's birthdates and ages accurate?
If you are having trouble accessing your DPR account or need help updating your information, you can call the DPR Customer Care team at (202) 673-7647 from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
How to Confirm DC Residency in Your DPR Account
Admission to DPR pools and fitness centers is free for DC residents, and many program and reservation fees are discounted for residents. To confirm your DC residency in your DPR account, you must upload (or email) a copy of your proof of residency, most commonly in the form of a DC Driver's License or DC Non-Driver Identification Card.
- If you do not have a DC Driver's License or DC Non-Driver Identification Card, you will need to upload to your account one "Identity Document" from List A below and one "DC Residency Document" from List B below.
- List A - Identity Documents:
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state
- US Passport or Passport Card
- ID card issued by US federal, state, or local government agencies
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card
- University IDs from American, Catholic, Gallaudet, Georgetown, George Washington, Howard, or Trinity Universities
- US Department of State Driver's License or Diplomatic ID Card
- Valid Uniformed Services Military ID Card
- Veteran's Home ID Card
- Letter or Card from Court Services, DC Department of Corrections, US Government Probation Office, DC Social Services Agency
- List B - DC Residency Documents:
- Utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Oil, or Cable) with name and address issued within the last 45 days
- Pay stub - issue date within the past 45 days
- Bank statement - issue date within the past 45 days
- Unexpired Lease or Rental agreement - issued within the last 12 months
- DC Property Tax bill - issued within the last 12 months
- Current documentation with name and address from an official government agency – issued within the last 45 days
- List A - Identity Documents:
How to Apply for Reduced Rates
DPR provides a reduced rate on fee-based programs based on income for qualifying families. You must be approved by DPR to receive the reduced rate before you can register for programs. Once the application is submitted, applicants will be contacted to provide the required supporting documentation to complete their application. Additional details on the reduced rate and a link to the reduced rate form can be found here.
DPR Passes for Non-DC Residents
DPR welcomes people who live outside DC to visit our pools and fitness centers. Visit this link to explore the options for passes and memberships.