There are three different ways to partner with DPR.
- 'Adopt a' Partners
'Adopt a' Partners are individuals or organizations that support our efforts to keep DPR properties beautiful and provide general clean-up and maintenance services. This includes dog parks, gardens, parks, fields, courts, etc.
- 'Friends of' Groups
'Friends of' Groups are nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status and a stated mission to support a DPR park or facility. Designated groups steward, advocate, and host fundraising events for the site to help maintain the grounds/buildings. Friends of Groups hold quarterly public meetings to engage the public, encourage voluntary membership, and submit quarterly reports to share outcomes from activities and events.
- Programmatic Partners
Programmatic Partners are organizations that support DPR’s mission by providing high-quality programs at NO COST to DPR or District residents at DPR facilities. Programmatic Partners implement these programs with approved staff and volunteers, provide program reports quarterly, and evaluate programs annually.
If your group or organization would like to partner with DPR, please complete the online DPR Partnership Application.
Please Note: If you are applying for a program partnership, please include the following with your application.
- A list of key staff and volunteers facilitating the Program; include full name, email, and a preferred phone number. This information is needed for a background check of all those interfacing with minors.
- Certificate of Insurance (that expires after the program concludes or in 1-year)
- DC Certificate of Clean Hands. If you have problems accessing it online, https://ocfocleanhands.dc.gov/cch/, an in-person visit may be the next step.
- Funding Sources & Program Budget
- Organization Articles of Incorporation (if, applicable)
- List of Board of Directors including names, board titles, affiliations and terms (if applicable)
For additional questions about partnerships, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].