*NEW: DPR is proud to announce a new Field Permits Schedule page. Field permit holders & interested parties can now see information regarding field status. Please note, if a field is showing "no use," you MUST put in a permit application to use the field. Anyone using a field without a permit can be subject to fine(s).
Please email [email protected] should there be any questions or concerns. For immediate field updates/closures, please sign up for our Nixle Alerts.
If your organized picnic or activity consists of 10 or more participants, then a DPR permit is required.
Permits General Information
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Please make sure to familiarize yourself with all applicable DPR permits and regulations.
- DPR Permit Policies and Regulations (Last Update: January 2016)
Are you planning a meeting, practice, game or event and need a great location to host your family, friends, associates or co-worker? Look to the wonderful facilities, parks, fields and pools that the DC Department of Parks and Recreation has to offer.
How to Apply for A Permit
If your organized picnic or activity consists of 10 or more participants and you want a guaranteed time and location, then a DPR permit is required.
- To apply for a permit, submit your online application via our website: Online Permit Application
- Permit requests should be submitted at least 30 days in advance and no later than 2 weeks prior to your event. Applications received within less than 7 business days of your event will not be accepted/processed.
- Once application is submitted and received by the permit office, a Permit Officer will review and contact the applicant within 7 business days to discuss the event and if further information or documentation is required. At this time, you may be notified if the date, time and space is available;
- After all required documents are received, we will issue a notice of availability and an invoice with associated fees and deadline for payment; and
- When payment is received along with all required documentation is in order, we will then issue the permit.
Athletic and Aquatic Facility Permits
For information related to aquatic and athletic facility permits please visit the pages listed below.
DPR has received an overwhelming number of permit requests to use our outdoor pools this 2014 season. At this time, we are unable to accommodate any other requests. Please contact the Permits office if you have any questions at [email protected] or (202) 671-2597.
Permit Fees Schedule
For a list of all DC Parks and Recreation permit fees please visit our DPR Permit Fees Schedule page.
Inclement Weather Hotline
There are multiple ways to receive field closure updates:
- Sign up for DPR's Nixle alert system to receive a text message and/or email. Go to http://dpr.dc.gov/page/dpralerts to sign up today!
- Call the DPR fields hotline at (202) 671-0331
- Follow us on Twitter
Permits Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of the permits division's most frequently asked questions, please visit our DPR Permits Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.