Summer jobs are available in DPR's Aquatics, Camps, Support Services, Roving Leaders, Administrative divisions & more. Apply today!!
DPR Permits and Reservations
If your organized picnic or activity consists of 10 or more participants, then a DPR permit is required.
Permits General Information
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm, closed Saturday and Sunday
Please make sure to familiarize yourself with all applicable DPR permits and regulations.
Are you planning a meeting, practice, game or event and need a great location to host your family, friends, associates or co-worker? Look to the wonderful facilities, parks, fields and pools that the DC Department of Parks and Recreation has to offer.
How to Apply for A Permit
If your organized picnic or activity consists of 10 or more participants and you want a guaranteed time and location, then a DPR permit is required.
- To apply for a permit, submit your online application via our website.
- Once application is submitted and received by the permit office, a Permit Officer will review and contact the applicant within 7 business days to discuss the event and if further information or documentation is required. At this time, you may be notified if the date, time and space is available.
- After all required documents are received, we will issue a notice of availability and an invoice with associated fees and deadline for payment.
- When payment is received along with all required documentation is in order, we will then issue the permit.
Athletic and Aquatic Facility Permits
For information related to aquatic and athletic facility permits please visit the pages listed below.
Permit Fees Schedule
For a list of all DC Parks and Recreation permit fees please select the link below:
Inclement Weather Hotline
There are multiple ways to receive field closure updates:
- Visit dpr.dc.gov where updates will be listed in the facility advisory section on the homepage
- Call the DPR fields hotline at (202) 671-0331
- Follow us on Twitter
Permits Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of the permits division's most frequently asked questions, please visit the DPR permit office FAQ page.