Sunday, September 11, 2022 - #DoggieDaySwim
With the end of the outdoor swimming season, this annual event provides dogs with a one-day opportunity to jump in the pools, enjoy a swim and play fun aquatics games.
Admission is free, however all dogs must have a valid and original DC Department of Health issued dog license (no photo copies) and tag to enter the pool. If an application for a license is needed you must have the required documentation (i.e. proof of current rabies and distemper vaccinations; and proof of spaying/neutering). Dog licenses will be issued on site.
Only money orders or personal checks are accepted, made payable to "DC Treasurer." The cost of the license is $15 for dogs that are spayed/neutered and $50 for non-spayed/neutered dogs.
For additional details on licensing your dog in DC and to utilize the NEW DC Dog License Online Portal, visit the DC Health website.
Attendance on the day of the event will be based on capacity at the time of arrival. During Doggie Day Swim, there will be a capacity limit in terms of the number of dogs allowed in the pool at one time;
To maintain order and to ensure a safe and fun event, dog owners are asked to follow these rules:
- All dogs MUST have and wear a valid DC dog license.
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Dog handlers cannot swim or enter the pool with their dogs.
- Dogs must be sociable and remain leashed while on the pool deck.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations including rabies and distemper.
- All dogs must be spayed/neutered.
DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-76470