The play space at Emery Recreation Center is located at 5801 Georgia Avenue, NW in Ward 4. The site currently features a playground, basketball court and football field.
- First community meeting: November 20, 2012
- Second community meeting: December 11, 2012
- Groundbreaking date: April 25, 2013
- Community Pre-Construction Meeting: May 30, 2013
- Construction start date: June 7, 2013
- Completion date: August 20, 2013
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony: None
The renovations at Emery focus on improving the existing playground. New play areas for older children and younger children are separated by a low hill that also allows for unstructured play and equipment such as a slide built into the hill. A small tricycle path throughout the site provides a great place for small children to ride. A new shade structure and fitness equipment fill the space between the playground and the basketball court.
How You’ll Move Grow and Be Green
New equipment for children and adults challenge the whole family to move. Grow your mind by challenging a friend on a new game table. New trees and plants are part of DPR’s commitment to be green.
- Hamilton – 1340 Hamilton Street, NW (0.6 miles away)
- Fort Stevens – 1327 Van Buren Street, NW (0.8 miles away)
*Hamilton and Fort Stevens will also be under construction this year; please see their project pages for more details.
Stay in the Loop with the Office of Planning and Capital Projects
Phone: (202) 673-7647
Email: [email protected]
On Twitter: Use the hashtag #PlayDC
Playground Address: 5801 Georgia Avenue, NW