The play space at Macomb is located at 3409 Macomb Street, NW in Ward 3. The current play space next to the recreation center has two separate play areas, a basketball court and a baseball field.
- First community meeting: November 27, 2012
- Second community meeting: December 18, 2012
- Pre-construction meeting: April 25, 2013 from 7–8:30 pm - Eaton Elementary School, 3301 Lowell Street, NW
- Groundbreaking event: April 25, 2013 (Wards 1–6) - Takoma Recreation Center
- Construction start date: April 29, 2013
- Completion date: August 20, 2013
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony: None
The concept for Macomb links the two separated play spaces, relocates the shaded gazebo to create a more pronounced entry to the space, and includes a new water feature. New stairs and an incline with ropes for climbing connect the upper and lower play area, and new equipment is included throughout the site. A new bright, rubberized surface has a fun herringbone pattern.
How You’ll Move Grow and Be Green
You’ll find several new climbing features to help you MOVE through the site. The gazebo continues to inspire as a community art piece and encourages you to meet and GROW with your neighbors. Mature trees remain on the site, reminding us all to BE GREEN.
- Hearst - Macomb Street, NW and 37th Street, NW (0.8 miles away)
- Woodley Park - NPS playground - Courtland Place, NW and Devonshire Place, NW (0.9 miles away)
Pardon Our Dust
- Playground, building, courts and field will be closed for safety reasons.
- Those enrolled in after school access programs will be bussed to Guy Mason during the site closure.
- Other programs will be on hold during construction.
Stay in the Loop with the Office of Planning and Capital Projects
Phone: (202) 673-7647
Email: [email protected]
On Twitter: Use the hashtag #PlayDC