The play space at Newark Park is located at 39th and Newark Streets, NW in Ward 3. The current play space is next to a dog park, large community garden, and several tennis courts.
- First community meeting: November 27, 2012
- Second community meeting: December 18, 2012
- Community pre-construction meeting: Monday, July 29, 2013, 6:30pm - meeting will be held at the playground
- Construction start date: Week of August 26, 2013
- Expected completion date: Late October 2013
- Playground open date: March 5, 2014
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony: TBD
The concept for Newark builds on an accessible path through the site and under shady trees. Parents and caregivers will appreciate a new stroller parking area and new seating throughout the site. Both younger and older children will find exciting new equipment, including climbing equipment and small boulders to sit or play on. A new rubberized play surface brings additional color and accessibility to the site.
How You’ll Move Grow and Be Green
Kids can MOVE on new play equipment, including climbing pieces for older children. Let your imagination GROW through play on natural boulders. Mature trees and the adjacent garden teach us all how to BE GREEN.
- Macomb - 3409 Macomb Street, NW (0.6 miles away) - Macomb will also be under construction this year.
- Hearst - 37th and Tilden Streets, NW (0.7 miles away)
Stay in the Loop with the Office of Planning and Capital Projects
Phone: (202) 673-7647
Email: [email protected]
On Twitter: Use the hashtag #PlayDC
Playground Address: 39th and Newark Streets, NW