DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Sports, Health and Fitness Division: (202) 671-0314
(Washington, DC) - The District of Columbia State Athletic Association (DCSAA) in partnership with DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will host the first annual DC National Girls and Women in Sports Day Expo event on February 11th, 2016 from 10:30am until 4pm at the Deanwood Recreation and Aquatic Center. The Expo will be one of more than 1,000 events taking place across the country for National Girls and Women in Sports Day. This year’s theme is Expanding Opportunity. Only 40% of high school girls are currently playing sports, leaving three-in-five girls without the opportunity to play. Decades of research show that girls who play sports have better health, higher self-esteem, greater academic achievement, stronger leadership skills, greater economic opportunity and so much more. The DCSAA and DPR are proud to work together through NGWSD to get more girls in the game and expand their opportunities both in sports and in life.
Over 300 girls, young women, and their parents are expected to attend the event that will showcase up to 40 local vendors, organizations, and programs dedicated to sports and activity opportunities for girls and young women.
- Come and learn about your local sports and activity opportunities for girls and young women.
- Participate in sports clinics and demonstrations conducted by local sports teams and activity organizations.
- Compete in contests and win prizes
- Get to know other active girls and young women in the area.
Exhibitors: There is still room to showcase your organization or sport program at the expo! We would love for you to participate in one or more of the following ways:
- Exhibit Hall – Vendors, organizations, and programs will be given a table space to showcase their opportunities and products for girls and women in sports or general health and wellness for active girls and women.
- Sports Demonstrations – Sport and activity organizations will be given 30-45 minute time slots in the gym area to conduct demonstrations and mini-clinics showcasing their sport.
- Informational Presentations – Organizations and programs will be given 20-30 minute time slots to conduct workshops or presentations for a seated audience.
Use the following link to register your organization or program: