DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contacts:
Michael Tucker Jr., (202) 717-4242, [email protected]
Gregory Jackson Jr., (202) 714-9550, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) – Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) released the 2018 Winter Indoor Pool Maintenance Closure Schedule.
DPR's indoor, year-round aquatic centers will undergo yearly scheduled preventative maintenance to deep clean the pool and facility. Pools will temporarily close in phases, beginning on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
Dunbar, Ferebee-Hope, HD Woodson, Marie Reed and Therapeutic Aquatic Center pools will not close/undergo maintenance. During each respective closure, all programs, permits and classes will be suspended at that particular facility. Please contact the Aquatics Division (202) 671-1289 if you have any questions or require further assistance.
Indoor Pool Closure Schedule
- Wilson Aquatic Center (4551 Fort Dr., NW | Ward 3) will close beginning Sunday, January 7 through Sunday, January 14, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
- Takoma Aquatic Center (300 Van Buren St., NW | Ward 4) will close beginning Sunday, January 14 through Sunday, January 21, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Monday, January 22, 2018.
- Turkey Thicket Aquatic Center (1100 Michigan Ave., NE | Ward 5) will close beginning Sunday, January 28 through Sunday, February 4, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Monday, February 5, 2018.
- Barry Farm Aquatic Center (1230 Sumner Rd. SE | Ward 8) will close beginning Sunday, February 4 through Sunday, February 11, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Monday, February 12, 2018.
- William H. Rumsey Aquatic Center (635 North Carolina Ave., SE | Ward 6) will close beginning Sunday, February 11 through Sunday, February 18, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Monday, February 19, 2018.
- Deanwood Aquatic Center (1350 - 49th St., NE | Ward 7) will close beginning Tuesday, February 18 through Sunday, February 25, 2018. The facility is expected to re-open on Monday, February 26, 2018.
Please note that re-open dates may be subject to change, should any unforeseen maintenance issues occur. Patrons will be notified if a facility's re-open date will be delayed.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping, and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.