DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Aquatics Office: (202) 671-1289
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275; [email protected]
(Washington, DC) Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) released the Outdoor Aquatic Facilities Closure Schedule for the 2013 summer season, as DPR prepares to bring this year's swim season to a close. Beginning Sunday, August 11, 2013; DPR will implement the first phase of Outdoor Pool closures.
- All Outdoor Pools will close in waves beginning on Sunday, August 11, 2013. Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on their respective Sundays.
All Spray Parks will be closed for the season by 7 pm on Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2013, with the exception of the spray park at 14th & Park Rd, which will close for the season at 7 pm on Monday, September 30, 2013.
- All Children's Pools will be closed for the season at 6 pm on Sunday, August 18, 2013.
Below is the comprehensive closure and maintenance schedules for the 2013 season.
Pools are listed by type (Outdoor, Children's and Spray Park) and then by date.
Please call DPR's Aquatics office at (202) 671-1289 for additional questions or further assistance.
OUTDOOR AND CHILDREN'S POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 11 for the season:
- Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
- Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
- Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Fredrick Douglass Ct., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 18 for the season:
- Ward 1: Parkview Children's Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW); Happy Hollow Children's Pool (2200 Champlain St., NW)
- Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
- Ward 6: Lincoln Capper Children's Pool (555 L St., SE); Watkins Children's Pool (420 12th St., SE)
- Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
Closing at 8 pm on Monday, August 19 for the season:
- Ward 8: Barry Farm Pool (1230 Sumner Rd., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 25 for the season:
- Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW); Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
- Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
- Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
- Ward 7: Fort Dupont Pool (830 Ridge Rd., SE)
- Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE); Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 2 for the season:
- Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
- Ward 2: East Potomac Pool (972 Ohio Dr., SW); Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW);
- Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
- Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
- Ward 8: Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
SPRAY PARKS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
Closing at 7 pm on Monday, September 2 for the season:
- Ward 1: Columbia Heights Spray Park (1480 Girard St., NW); 14th & Girard Street Spray Park (14th and Girard St., NW)
- Ward 3: Friendship Spray Park (4500 Van Ness St., NW); Palisades Spray Park (5200 Sherier Pl., NW); Chevy Chase Spray Park (5500 41 St., NW)
- Ward 4: Lafayette Spray Park (5900 33rd St., NW); Riggs LaSalle Spray Park (501 Riggs Rd., NE); Petworth Spray Park (801 Taylor St., NW)
- Ward 5: Joseph H. Cole Spray Park (1299 Neal St., NE)
Closing at 7 pm on Monday, September 30 for the season:
- Ward 1: 14th & Park Road Spray Park (14th St. and Park Rd., NW)
To contact DPR Aquatics Division, call (202) 671-1289 or click below for information
on DPR Aquatics Activities or DPR Aquatics Facilities.
For information on DPR facilities, programs & activities, be sure to follow DPR on
Facebook, Twitter, Join our Mailing List or visit the DPR Website.