DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: Gwendolyn Crump, (202) 288-6027, [email protected]
(WASHINGTON, DC) – The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will offer DPR Winter Wondercamp in conjunction with the DC Public Schools (DCPS) winter holiday break. Registration will open at 12 noon on Friday, December 2, 2016 and will remain open until 4 pm on Friday, December 23, 2016. DPR will operate only one session for the 2016 Winter Wondercamp on Tuesday, December 27 through Friday, December 30, 2016.
Winter Wondercamp will be offered for youth ages 6 to 12 years old. Please note that camp will not be offered for children ages 3 - 5 year olds. Camps will operate from 9 am to 5 pm. Before and after care will not be offered.
The fees for the Winter Wondercamp are as follows:
- $40 per child, per session; due at registration.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note that breakfast and lunch will not be provided. Parents are required to send children with a lunch and any additional snacks for the day. (Please note that DPR's Camp Policy on food and snacks should be adhered to.)
The theme for Winter Wondercamp will incorporate DPR’s “Move, Grow and Be Green” initiative. The camps will include personal enrichment activities, sports activities and arts & crafts. Activities will incorporate personal development and environmental responsibility components and will also challenge and engage camp participants.
DPR's 2016 Winter Wondercamp sites are as follows:
- Jelleff Recreation Center - 3265 S Street, NW
- Hearst Recreation Center - 3950 37th Street, NW
- Raymond Recreation Center - 3725 10th Street, NW
- Riggs-LaSalle Recreation Center - 501 Riggs Road, NE
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center - 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE
- Kennedy Recreation Center - 1401 7th Street, NW
- Sherwood Recreation Center - 640 10th Street, NE
- Benning Park Community Center - Southern Ave. & Fable Street, SE
- Deanwood Recreation Center - 1350 49th Street, NE
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center - 100 Joliet Street, SW
- Barry Farm Recreation Center - 1230 Sumner Road, SE
- Ferebee Hope Recreation Center - 3999 8th Street, SE
Registration is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that first time users create a DPR account, prior to attempting to register.
- Click here to register. You will be redirected to the Winter Wondercamp registration page.
- Log-in with your username and password or create an account.
- Select the camp location. It will be automatically added to your cart.
- Select "check-out" and make payment.
For more information on DPR's Winter Wondercamp, contact DPR's Kids, Camps & Co-op Division at (202) 671-0372.