DPR to Offer Saturday Field Trips for District Youth
Destinations include Hersey Park, Adventure Park USA, and St. James Sports Complex
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced a series of Saturday Field Trips being offered at no cost to District residents ages 6 to 12. DPR will be providing participants with transportation, meals, and entrance fees.
“It is important for our young people to experience fun outside of our recreation centers and make memories beyond their DC neighborhoods,” said DPR Director Delano Hunter. “These field trips will provide a unique and safe break from the norm for youth on a Saturday, courtesy of District.”
The field trips are a part of DPR’s out-of-school time offerings extending programming to the weekend. These trips complement programs like Afternoon Access and Enrichment Zone, which provide children ages 6-12 with a safe, constructive, and supportive environment during afterschool hours daily at dozens of recreation centers across DC.
Dates and Destinations:
- Saturday, September 17 – Hershey Park
- Saturday, September 24 – Adventure Park USA
- Saturday, October 1 – St. James Sports Complex
- Saturday, October 8 - Urban Air Adventure Park
DPR transportation will leave from four recreation centers:
- Arthur Capper Community Center – 1000 5th Street SE
- Benning-Stoddert Recreation Center – 100 Stoddert Place SE
- Hearst Recreation Center – 3950 37th Street NW
- Lafayette-Pointer Recreation Center – 5900 33rd Street NW