A recent article by City’s Best publication, ranked three DPR pools among the best pools in the Greater DC area.
DPR Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275
WASHINGTON, DC – A recent article by City’s Best, an AOL online publication, ranked the top six pools in the Greater DC area. Among those listed, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation owns and operates three of these highly acclaimed pools. Read what was written about each pool or go to the full article to read more.
Francis Outdoor Pool: Francis Pool is listed as an “aquatic gem” with three pool areas of varying depths. Francis is a great place to cool off and is free to DC residents.
- Located at: 2435 N Street, NW
- Hours: Mon-Fri 1:00pm - 8:00pm; Sat & Sun 12:00pm - 6:00pm (Closed Tues)
Wilson Aquatic Center: Wilson Aquatic Center is a great place to swim, especially if you prefer the shade to the sun. The facility offers a large 50-meter lap pool, a leisure pool, and a whirlpool.
- Located at: 4551 Fort Drive, NW
- Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00am - 9:00pm; Sat,Sun 9:00am - 5:00pm
Volta Park Outdoor Pool: This popular pool spot is located in the heart of Georgetown. The Volta Park Pool is surrounded by a “green oasis” and includes other facilities for summer fun such as tennis & basketball courts and a playground for children.
- Located at: 1555 34th Street, NW
- Hours: Mon-Fri 1:00pm - 8:00pm, Lap Swim 8:00am - 9:30am; Sat & Sun 12:00pm - 6:00pm (Closed Mon)