DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Aquatics Division: (202) 671-1289
DPR Media Contacts: Gwendolyn Crump (202) 288-6027, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) - The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) has released the Outdoor Aquatic Facilities Closure Schedule for the 2017 summer season.
- Outdoor Pools will close in waves beginning on Sunday, August 13, 2017. Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on their respective Sundays; with the exception of Banneker Pool, Francis Pool, Kenilworth Pool, Oxon Run Pool, Rosedale Pool and Upshur Pool, which will close on Labor Day, Monday September 4, 2017.
- All Spray Parks will close for the season at 8:30 pm on Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017.
Below is the comprehensive closure schedule for the 2017 season. Pools are listed by date of closure. Please visit dpr.dc.gov should you have additional questions or need further assistance.
OUTDOOR POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 13 for the season:
Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 20 for the season:
Ward 1: Park View Children's Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW)
Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW)
Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
Ward 6: Lincoln Capper Children's Pool (555 L St., SE)
Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Frederick Douglass Ct., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 27 for the season:
Ward 2: Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
Ward 7: Ridge Road (830 Ridge Rd., SE)
Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE)
Ward 8: Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 4 for the season:
Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
Ward 2: Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW)
Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
Ward 7: Kenilworth Pool (4321 Ord St. NE)
Ward 8: Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.