DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Aquatics Division: (202) 671-1289
DPR Media Contact: Michael Tucker Jr., (202) 717-4242, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) - The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) has released the Outdoor Aquatic Facilities Closure Schedule for the 2018 summer season.
- Outdoor Pools will close in waves beginning on Sunday, August 12, 2018. Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on their respective Sundays; with the exception of Banneker Pool, Langdon Park Pool, Oxon Run Pool, Rosedale Pool and Upshur Pool, which will close 6 p.m. on Labor Day, Monday September 3, 2018.
- All Spray Parks will close for the season at 8 p.m. on Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2018.
Below is the comprehensive closure schedule for the 2018 season. Pools are listed by date of closure. Please visit dpr.dc.gov should you have additional questions or need further assistance.
OUTDOOR POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 12 for the season:
Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Frederick Douglass Ct., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 19 for the season:
Ward 1: Park View Children's Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW)
Ward 1: Happy Hollow Children’s Pool (2200 Champlain St., NW)
Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW)
Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
Ward 8: Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
Ward 6: Lincoln Capper Children's Pool (555 L St., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 27 for the season:
Ward 2: Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
Ward 2: Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW)
Ward 7: Ridge Road (830 Ridge Rd., SE)
Ward 7: Kenilworth Pool (4321 Ord St. NE)
Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 3 for the season:
Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
Ward 8: Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.