DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275, [email protected]
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Tomorrow, The North Face Mountain Athletics Event Series will be held in Washington, DC at the Georgetown Waterfront (near the intersection of Wisconsin and K Sts., NW) from 8 am to 2 pm.
The event is free and will have a fitness atmosphere, focused on "an introduction to Mountain Athletics." Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a one-hour activity-specific group training led by Mountain Athlete trainers and The North Face athletes, including team ultrarunners Dean Karnazes and Jordan Mcdougal.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will participate in the DC event with an information table, staff on hand to discuss DPR programs and more.
Interested participants must pre-register online, The North Face Mountain Athletics Event Series - Washington, DC and agree to an online waiver/release form. The following training sessions will be offered throughout the event day:
- Session 1 - 8 am - Running
- Session 1 - 8 am - Peak Bagging / Mountain Climbing
- Session 2 - 9:30 am - Running
- Session 2 - 9:30 am - Peak Bagging / Mountain Climbing
- Session 3 - 11 am - Running
- Session 3 - 11 am - Peak Bagging / Mountain Climbing
- Session 4 - 12:30 pm - Running
- Session 4 - 12:30 pm - Peak Bagging / Mountain Climbing
The North Face Mountain Athletics Event Series is a nationwide event taking place in San Francisco, CA (March 9), Washington, DC (March 15), San Francicsco, CA (March 22), Birmingham, AL (March 29), Kalispell, MT (April 5), Denver, CO (April 12), Okemos, MI (April 19), and Boston, MA (April 26).