(WASHINGTON, DC) – DC Water has issued a Boil Water Advisory for parts of Northwest DC due to issues arising from a water main break in Arlington, Virginia. Residents and businesses can learn more about impacted areas by using DC Water’s interactive map found HERE and at dcwater.com. With DC Water warning that the advisory will likely stay in effect until Sunday, November 10, the District is taking the following actions until further guidance from DC Water:
Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR):
The following DPR sites are in the affected area, but will remain open with bottled water available:
- Lafayette Recreation Center - 5900 33rd Street NW
- Chevy Chase Community Center - 5601 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Chevy Recreation Center - 5500 41st Street NW
- Guy Mason Recreation Center- 3600 Calvert Street NW
- Friendship Recreation Center - 4500 Van Ness Street NW
- Hearst Recreation Center - 3950 37th Street NW
- Macomb Recreation Center -3409 Macomb Street NW
- Stoddert Recreation Center - 4001 Calvert Street NW
- The Wilson Aquatic Center (4551 Fort Drive NW) is closed.
Guidance from DC Health:
DC Health has reached out and issued guidance to those food and hygiene establishments that may have been affected by the boil water advisory and is available to provide technical support and assistance.
Food establishments in the affected areas should be boiling water used for food processing, hand washing, and dish washing until the advisory is lifted.