DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) - The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is pleased to announce a series of DPR Town Halls. These town halls will explore community interest in DPR programming. From Zumba, urban gardening, basketball and senior programs to afterschool access, bid whist, chess and teen programs, DPR offers hundreds of programs. We want to hear from you about programs you would like to see offered at a community center or field near you.
“DPR offers of a diverse array of programs, services and activities,” states Keith A. Anderson, DPR Director. “We want to hear from residents what programs interest them the most so that we can align program and activity choices.”
Below is the listing of DPR Town Halls:
- The Ward 6 Town Hall has been rescheduled for Sept. 8. Please see below. - Thursday, July 28 – Randall Recreation Center | South Capitol and I Street, SW (Ward 6) | 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday, July 30 – Jelleff Recreation Center | 3265 S Street, NW (Ward 2) | 11:30 am – 1 pm
- Saturday, August 6 – Raymond Recreation Center | 3725 10th Street, NW (Ward 4) | 11:30 am – 1 pm
- Saturday, August 20 – Deanwood Recreation Center | 1350 49th Street, NE (Ward 7) | 11:30 am – 1 pm
- Saturday, August 27 – Chevy Chase Community Center | 5601 Connecticut Avenue, NW (Ward 3) | 11:30 am – 1 pm
- Thursday, September 1 – Fort Stanton Recreation Center | 1812 Erie Street, SE (Ward 8) | 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday, September 8 – Randall Recreation Center | South Capitol and I Streets, SW (Ward 6) | 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday, September 10 – Columbia Heights Community Center | 1480 Girard Street, NW (Ward 1) | 11:30 am – 1 pm
- Thursday, September 22 – Turkey Thicket Recreation Center | 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE (Ward 5) | 6:30 pm – 8 pm
All ages are welcome to attend to provide feedback.
Download the flyer or please see below.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.
For information on DPR events, facilities, programs & activities, be sure to follow DPR
on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Join our Mailing List, Sign up for Text/Email Alerts,
Register for a Program or visit the DPR Website.