On Thursday, April 15, at 2:00 p.m., the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will host a Summer Hiring Virtual Town Hall to promote over 500 available summer positions that the District is offering to meet the demand of opening more facilities this summer season.
“As we return to recreation this summer, we are opening more in-person summer camps for youth, as well as outdoor pools and recreation centers to the general public, with safety restrictions in place, for the first time since the public health emergency began.” said DPR Director Delano Hunter. “Our agency is excited to offer great opportunities for residents to earn money and serve the District.”
At the Town Hall, prospective applicants will have the opportunity to learn more about the many available positions and the overall hiring process and ask questions of representatives from various DPR divisions. The event will also feature information about DPR’s summer safety plan and protocols.
The following divisions are accepting summer applications:
- Summer Aquatics staff can apply for the positions of pool managers, assistant pool managers, lifeguards, and customer service representatives (CSRs).
- Summer Camps staff can apply for the positions of facilitators, assistant facilitators, counselors, activity specialists, and more.
- Summer Operations staff can apply for the positions of warehouse facilitators, drivers, customer care, and more.
- Summer Roving Leaders can apply for the positions of facilitators and assistant facilitators in the community.
- Summer Meals Program staff can apply for the positions of senior food monitors, food monitors and administrative assistants.
All positions are seasonal (summer only) and 40 hours per week.
To find out more information and to join the DPR Summer Hiring Virtual Town Hall, please visit DPRsummerhiring2021.splashthat.com.
DPR Twitter: @DCDPR
DPR Instagram: @DCDPR
DPR Facebook: facebook.com/DCDPR
DPR Website: dpr.dc.gov