At the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), the safety of our campers and staff is our #1 priority. We are doing everything that we can to ensure the safety, health, and wellness of our team and our patrons. Under the guidance of the Executive Office of Mayor Muriel Bowser (EOM), the DC Department of Health (DOH), and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), DPR will be implementing the following:
- Camp cohorts will be limited to ten (10) children and staffed by two (2) trained camp counselors.
- Participants will be seated at least six feet apart from each other during indoor structured activities.
- Staff and participants will wear face coverings at all times during indoor activities.
- Drop off and pick up will occur outside of the facility and building access will be restricted during camp hours.
- Participants and staff will undergo a daily health screening for COVID-19 symptoms, and will be refused entry if symptomatic.
- Participants who exhibit symptoms throughout the day will be placed in isolation immediately pending parent pick-up.
- There will be no shared facility space between cohorts.
- Cross-cohort activities will be limited and will always occur outside, while practicing physical distancing and with face coverings.
- Field trips will not be offered.