• Customers must enroll into DPR activities and programs using our online registration system RecTrac.
• All activities/classes have a minimum and a maximum enrollment and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Registration can be completed via the DPR registration website. Walk-in registration is accepted only when advertised as a walk-in registration event.
• Online registration is processed as soon as it is completed.
• Registration that has fees is complete when full payment is received.
• DPR accepts checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
• Checks and money orders must be made payable to DC Treasurer.
• A RecTrac generated receipt serves as confirmation of payment.
• There is a $65.00 return check fee issued by the DC Treasurer.
• Wait lists are established as soon as an activity or class is full. Persons who are on a wait list must inquire as to vacancies. If vacancies occur, District residents will receive priority.
• Parents or guardians of children have the responsibility of informing the staff of any reasonable accommodations necessary for their children's participation in any DPR program offerings.
• It is the responsibility of adult registrants to notify staff of any reasonable accommodations necessary for their participation in any DPR program offerings.
• If you are charged erroneously, please contact DPR Customer Care 202-673-7647.
(Please note: The District of Columbia does not save any credit card information. The information collected during the purchase of a good or service is used only for the duration of the transaction and will not be permanently retained.)
• If DPR cancels an activity or class, the fee will be refunded the participant's credit or debit card used. Refunds under $5.00 will be credited to the customer’s RecTrac Account.
• DPR reserves the right to cancel an activity/class after one session for insufficient enrollment.
• Participant cancellations can be made via telephone, in writing or in person at the site where the activity or class is being offered. Cancellations must be made no less than 48 hours before the first session.
• Participant cancellations are not available online.
• There is a 10 percent cancellation fee for all classes. Once a class begins, refunds are no longer issued.
• Credit card or debit card refunds are processed, returning fees to the participant's card account.
• Customers who paid for a class with a check or money order will receive a refund check.
• Customers will be charged a 10% fee on all refunds except when the refund is due to a cancellation of a class or other related DPR change. The refund request must be made 48 hours before the class begins.
• No refunds are made after the first game for a sports activity.
• Some activities have a NO REFUND policy. Please refer to the written activity or course description to determine if this policy is in effect.
- Fitness center memberships are non-refundable and non-tranferable.
DPR's policy allows for credit to a participant's DPR account if after attending the first day of an activity or class, the participant is not completely satisfied and notifies DPR within two days after attending. The credit will be applied to any other class/activity within one year from the date of issue. This policy does not apply to missed classes/activities, facility rentals, adult sports leagues, sporting events, and transportation costs to entertainment.