DPR Welcomes You #BackToSummer!
In accordance with Mayor Muriel Bowser’s guidance, capacity limits for DPR parks, recreation centers, and outdoor facilities have been lifted. Starting Friday, May 21, 2021, DPR is reopening its doors and facilities at full capacity for District residents to enjoy:
- Recreation centers
- Fitness centers
- Athletic fields & courts
- Permits for all sports
- Outdoor pools and spray parks
- Indoor pools (no reservations required as of Tuesday, June 1, 2021)
- DPR special events and public gatherings
- In-person programs
#BackToSummer is DPR's rallying call to encourage District residents to embrace the long-awaited summer of 2021 and rediscover the place where fun happens!
DPR invites patrons of all ages from all eight wards to reengage with your community and make the most of summertime in DC. We're excited to unveil new initiatives and bring back classic programs and services such as:
- Extended hours and programming at recreation centers in targeted communities.
- Movie nights and youth-focused mobile recreation activities programmed and led by DPR’s Roving Leaders.
- Senior focused Platinum Saturdays featuring arts, fitness, social recreation, horticulture therapy, and musical performances.
- Boost camps for selected DC public charter school students.
- Free summer meals at over 30 recreation centers and dozens of more sites across the District.
- Summer camps taking place throughout the District as well as a virtual Camp-At-Home option.
- Large-scale, DPR-hosted signature events throughout DC.
- A full roster of in-person and virtual summer programs now open for registration at DPRprograms.com.
Stay tuned throughout the season for #BackToSummer updates about new initiatives, fun programs, and large-scale special events that are happening near you!
For full information on the District’s response to COVID-19, visit http://coronavirus.dc.gov.