Forest Hills is located at 32nd and Chesapeake Streets, NW in Ward 3. There is one large, fenced play area at the park with a sandbox and play equipment. Other park amenities include tennis courts, a basketball court, a ballfield and open space.
This is one of four sites where DC Parks and Recreation is teaming up with the Trust for Public Land to provide a creative engagement process with the community. Check back for upcoming events to help envision future opportunities for play at this park.
- First community meeting: November 27, 2012
- Second community meeting: December 18, 2012
- Third community meeting: April 10, 2013 (7–8:30 pm, Capital Memorial Church, 3150 Chesapeake Street, NW)
- Fourth community meeting: May 5, 2013 (2–6:00 pm, Capital Memorial Church, 3150 Chesapeake Street, NW)
- Fifth community meeting: September 12, 2013 (6:30-7:30pm, Capital Memorial Church, 3150 Chesapeake Street, NW)
- Pre-construction community meeting: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 (6:30-7:30pm), Forest Hills Park (rain date: Monday, June 9, 2014, 6:30-7:30pm) - For more information, please see the flier attached below.
- Construction start date: June 9, 2014 (in the event of a rain delay: June 10, 2014)
- Expected completion date: September 30, 2014
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony: TBD
Pardon Our Dust!
- During construction the playground, tennis courts, and picnic area will be offline. The main walkway through the site will also be offline.
- The baseball field will remain open.
- The main construction entrance will be off of Chesapeake Street NW.
- Murch Elementary School (during non-school hours) - 4810 36th Street, NW (0.4 miles away)
- Hearst Recreation Center (during non-school hours) - 3950 37th Street, NW (1.3 miles away)
- Macomb Recreation Center - 3409 Macomb Street, NW (1.5 miles away) - newly renovated, to include a splash pad
Stay in the Loop with the Office of Planning and Capital Projects
Phone: (202) 673-7647
Email: [email protected]
On Twitter: Use the hashtag #PlayDC