DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contacts:
Michael Tucker Jr., (202) 717-4242, [email protected]
Gregory Jackson Jr., (202) 714-9550, [email protected]
(WASHINGTON, DC) – DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced that all recreation/community centers, administrative offices and indoor aquatic facilities will operate on the following schedule for the winter holiday season:
All DPR facilities will be closed on:
- Sunday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Sunday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
- Monday, January 1 (New Year's Day)
- The permits office will be closed on the above listed dates and no new permits will be issued on this date. All grass fields are closed for the season. Parks, playgrounds and synthetic fields will be open for general use, however gated locations will remain locked. Previously permitted events on unlocked synthetic fields can take place as scheduled.
- All DPR recreation/community centers and aquatic facilities will operate on their normal schedule on Saturday, December 23; December 26 - 30; and January 2, 2017.
- DPR's Winter Wondercamp will operate one session during the DC Public School (DCPS) winter break from December 26 - 29, 2017; and registration is required. For more information, please visit DPR's Winter Wondercamp.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping, and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.