Thank you for an AMAZING 2016 Winter Wondercamp experience!! We hope to see everyone back in 2017. Have a great remaining school year!!
Winter Wondercamp 2016
DPR offers a fun option for our younger constituents during the DC Public Schools (DCPS) winter break: Winter Wondercamp! The overarching theme for the camps will incorporate DPR’s “Move, Grow, and Be Green” philosophy, as we plant the seeds of personal development.
The 2016 Winter Wondercamp will be offered for youth 6 to 12 years old. (Please note that camps will not be offered for children ages 3 -5, nor the Sports camp [for 8-13 year-olds].)
Please note that breakfast, lunch and snack will not be provided. Parents are required to send children with a lunch and any additional snacks for the day. (Please review DPR's Camp policy on food and snacks, as it should be adhered to.)
Registration opened on Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12 noon for the 2016 Winter Wondercamp and closed on Friday, December 23, 2016 at 4 pm.
Due to low enrollment, Winter Wondercamp 2016 will not be offered at the following locations: Benning Park (Ward 7) and Ferebee-Hope (Ward 8).
Parents/guardians are asked to fill out and bring a mandatory form on the first day of Winter Wondercamp. The Winter Wondercamp - Program Participation Waiver is required. Please be sure to turn in this form on the first day of camp.
Session: December 27 - 30, 2016 ** Only 1 session will be offered in 2016.
Camps will operate from 9 am to 5 pm.
Before and after care will not be offered.
No meals will be provided.
- DC Resident: $40 per child, per session; due at registration.
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Winter Wondercamp registration opened on Friday, December 2 and closed on Friday, December 23. (Registration is currently closed.)
- You will be redirected to the Winter Wondercamp registration page.
- Log-in with your username and password or create an account.
- Select the camp location. It will be automatically added to your cart.
- Select "check-out" and make payment.
- Registration closed on Friday, December 23, 2016 at 4 pm.
- Ward 2 -
Jelleff Recreation Center - 3265 S St., NW
- Ward 3 -
Hearst Recreation Center - 3950 37th St., NW
- Ward 4 -
Raymond Recreation Center - 3725 10th St., NW
* NEW - Riggs LaSalle Recreation Center - 501 Riggs Rd., NE
* Lamond will not be offered
- Ward 5 -
Turkey Thicket Recreation Center - 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE
- Ward 6 -
Kennedy Recreation Center - 1401 7th Street, NW
Sherwood Recreation Center - 640 10th St., NE
- Ward 7 -
Benning Park Community Center - Southern Ave. & Fable St., SE Cancelled due to low enrollment.
Deanwood Recreation Center - 1350 49th Street, NE
- Ward 8 -
Bald Eagle Recreation Center - 100 Joliet Street, SW
Barry Farm Recreation Center - 1230 Sumner Rd., SE
Ferebee-Hope Recreation Center - 3999 8th Street, SE Cancelled due to low enrollment.
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
Out of School Time Programs
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0372
Fax: (202) 671-2796
Email: [email protected]