DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contacts:
Michael Tucker Jr., (202) 717-4242, [email protected]
Gregory Jackson Jr., (202) 714-9550, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) – The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will offer DPR Winter Wondercamp Tuesday, December 26, 2017 through Friday, December 29, 2017, during DC Public Schools’ winter holiday break. Registration is now open and will remain open until 4 pm on Friday, December 22, 2017. DPR will operate only one session for the 2017 Winter Wondercamp.
Winter Wondercamp will be offered for youth ages 6 to 12 years old. Please note camp will not be offered for children ages 3 - 5 year olds. Camps will operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Before and aftercare will not be offered. The fees for the Winter Wondercamp are as follows:
- $40 per child, per session; due at registration.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note breakfast and lunch will not be provided. Parents are required to send children with a lunch and any additional snacks for the day. (Please note that DPR's Camp Policy on food and snacks should be adhered to.) The theme for Winter Wondercamp will incorporate DPR’s “Move, Grow and Be Green” initiative. The camps will include personal enrichment activities, sports activities and arts & crafts. Activities will incorporate personal development and environmental responsibility components and will also challenge and engage camp participants.
DPR's 2017 Winter Wondercamp sites:
- Marie Reed Recreation Center - 2200 Champlain Street, NW
- Jelleff Recreation Center - 3265 S Street, NW
- Friendship Recreation Center - 4500 Van Ness Street, NW
- Macomb Recreation Center - 3950 37th Street, NW
- Raymond Recreation Center - 3725 10th Street, NW
- Emery Recreation Center - 501 Riggs Road, NE
- Lamond Recreation Center - 20 Tuckerman Street, NE
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center - 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE
- Brentwood Recreation Center - 2311 14th Street, NE
- Joseph H. Cole Recreation Center - 1299 Neal Street, NE
- Trinidad Recreation Center - 1310 Childress Street, NE
- Kennedy Recreation Center - 1401 7th Street, NW
- Sherwood Recreation Center - 640 10th Street, NE
- Watkins Recreation Center – 420 12th Street, SE
- King Greenleaf - 201 N Street, SW
- Ridge Road Community Center - Southern Ave. & Fable Street, SE
- Deanwood Recreation Center - 1350 49th Street, NE
- Kenilworth Recreation Center - 4321 Ord Street, NE
- Hillcrest Recreation Center - 3100 Denver Street, SE
- Barry Farm Recreation Center - 1230 Sumner Road, SE
Registration is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that first time users create a DPR account, prior to attempting to register. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DPR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY OFFERING DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT.
- Click here to register. You will be redirected to the Winter Wondercamp registration page.
- Log-in with your username and password or create an account.
- Select the camp location. It will be automatically added to your cart.
- Select "check-out" and make payment.
For more information on DPR's Winter Wondercamp, contact DPR's Kids, Camps & Co-op Division at (202) 671-0372
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping, and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.