DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Aquatics Office: (202) 671-1289
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275; [email protected]
(Washington, DC) Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced schedule updates to three aquatic facilites.
- Ferebee-Hope Aquatic Facility. All repairs at Ferebee-Hope have been completed and the facility will open on Thursday, August 15, 2013.
- East Potomac Aquatic Facility. East Potomac will remain open until 6 pm on Sunday, October 13, 2013.
- Barry Farm Aquatic Facility. Barry Farm will remain open until 6 pm on Monday, September 2, 2013.
Please see below for the comprehensive closure schedules for the 2013 season. For further assistance or additional questions, please call DPR's Aquatics office at (202) 671-1289.
OUTDOOR AND CHILDREN'S POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
Closed on Sunday, August 11 for the season:
- Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
- Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
- Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Fredrick Douglass Ct., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 18 for the season:
- Ward 1: Parkview Children's Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW); Happy Hollow Children's Pool (2200 Champlain St., NW)
- Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
- Ward 6: Lincoln Capper Children's Pool (555 L St., SE); Watkins Children's Pool (420 12th St., SE)
- Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 25 for the season:
- Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW); Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
- Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
- Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
- Ward 7: Fort Dupont Pool (830 Ridge Rd., SE)
- Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE); Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 2 for the season:
- Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
- Ward 2: Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW);
- Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
- Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
- Ward 8: Barry Farm Pool (1230 Sumner Rd., SE); Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, October 13 for the season:
- Ward 2: East Potomac Pool (972 Ohio Dr., SW)
SPRAY PARKS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
Closing at 7 pm on Monday, September 2 for the season:
- Ward 1: Columbia Heights Spray Park (1480 Girard St., NW); 14th & Girard Street Spray Park (14th and Girard St., NW)
- Ward 3: Friendship Spray Park (4500 Van Ness St., NW); Palisades Spray Park (5200 Sherier Pl., NW); Chevy Chase Spray Park (5500 41 St., NW)
- Ward 4: Lafayette Spray Park (5900 33rd St., NW); Riggs LaSalle Spray Park (501 Riggs Rd., NE); Petworth Spray Park (801 Taylor St., NW)
- Ward 5: Joseph H. Cole Spray Park (1299 Neal St., NE)
Closing at 7 pm on Monday, September 30 for the season:
- Ward 1: 14th & Park Road Spray Park (14th St. and Park Rd., NW)
To contact DPR Aquatics Division, call (202) 671-1289 or click below for information
on DPR Aquatics Activities or DPR Aquatics Facilities.
For information on DPR facilities, programs & activities, be sure to follow DPR on
Facebook, Twitter, Join our Mailing List or visit the DPR Website.