DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contacts: Michael Tucker Jr., (202) 717-4242, [email protected]
(Washington, DC) – The Mayor Bowser and the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) have opened registration for the 2018 DPR Winter Wondercamp, which will run Wednesday, December 26, 2018 through Friday, December 28, 2018, during DC Public Schools’ winter holiday break. Registration is now open and will close on Friday, December 21, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. Winter Wondercamp is a full-day camping option for children ages 6 to 12 year old during the DC Public Schools (DCPS) winter break.
Winter Wondercamp incorporates DPR’s “Move, Grow, and Be Green” initiative through personal enrichment activities, sports, and arts and crafts. Activities will incorporate personal development and environmental responsibility components, and challenge and engage camp participants. DPR will operate only one session for the 2018 Winter Wondercamp at the following recreation centers across the District:
DPR's 2018 Winter Wondercamp sites:
- Marie Reed Recreation Center - 2200 Champlain Street, NW
- Jelleff Recreation Center - 3265 S Street, NW
- Friendship Recreation Center - 4500 Van Ness Street, NW
- Raymond Recreation Center - 3725 10th Street, NW
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center - 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE
- Joseph H. Cole Recreation Center - 1299 Neal Street, NE
- Kennedy Recreation Center - 1401 7th Street, NW
- Sherwood Recreation Center - 640 10th Street, NE
- Ridge Road Community Center - 830 Ridge Road, SE
- Deanwood Recreation Center - 1350 49th Street, NE
- Marvin Gaye Recreation Center - 15 61st Street, NE
- Barry Farm Recreation Center - 1230 Sumner Road, SE
- Click here to register.
- Log-in with your username and password or create an account.
- Select the camp location. It will be automatically added to your cart.
- Select "check-out" and make payment.
- Camp will not be offered for children ages 3 to 5 year olds.
- Camp will operate from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and before and aftercare will not be offered.
- The fee for the Winter Wondercamp is $30 per child, per session, and is due at registration.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Breakfast and lunch will not be provided during Winter Wondercamp.
- Parents are required to send children with a lunch and any additional snacks for the day (refer to DPR's Camp Policy on food and snacks should be adhered to).
Registration is based on a first-come, first-serve basis; and DPR reserves the right to cancel any offering due to low enrollment. For more information on DPR's Winter Wondercamp, contact DPR's “Kids, Camps & Co-op Division” at (202) 671-0372 or visit dpr.dc.gov/page/winter-wondercamp.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides quality urban recreation and leisure services for residents and visitors to the District of Columbia. DPR supervises and maintains area parks, community facilities, swimming pools and spray parks, and neighborhood recreation centers. The agency also coordinates a wide variety of recreation and educational programs including sports leagues, youth development, therapeutic recreation, aquatic programming, outdoor adventure, camping, and senior citizen activities. Adaptive programs and facilities are available for persons with disabilities.