Mayor Bowser and DPR Extend Select Pool and Spray Park Hours Through September 21
(WASHINGTON, DC) – This week, Mayor Muriel Bowser and the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced extended operating hours at select outdoor pools and spray parks until September 21, due to expected high temperatures. Previously, all outdoor pools and spray parks were scheduled to close for the season on Labor Day, September 4.
"This week, Mayor Bowser issued a hot weather emergency and we also know that hot temperatures in the area persist until late September, so the District will help residents stay safe and cool by keeping select pools and spray parks open until the end of summer,” said Thennie Freeman, DPR Acting Director. “The locations that will remain open were selected to be most equitable to residents with one pool on both sides of the city and spray parks in nearly every ward."
The following outdoor pools will remain open six days a week per their summer operating schedule until Thursday, September 21:
- Hearst Pool (3701 37th Street, NW)
- Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Avenue, SE)
For complete details, visit dpr.dc.gov/outdoorpools.
The following select spray parks will be open daily from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. until Thursday, September 21:
- Columbia Heights CC Spray Park (1480 Girard St NW)
- Harrison Spray Park (1330 V Street, NW)
- Park at LeDroit Spray Park (319 Oakdale Place, NW)
- Kennedy Spray Park (1401 7th Street, NW)
- Chevy Chase Rec Spray Park (5500 41st Street, NW)
- Guy Mason Spray Park (3600 Calvert Street, NW)
- Macomb Spray Park (3409 Macomb Street, NW)
- Lafayette-Pointer Spray Park (5900 33rd Street, NW)
- Petworth Spray Park (801 Taylor Street, NW)
- Edgewood Spray Park (301 Franklin Street, NE)
- Takoma Spray Park (300 Van Buren Street, NW)
- Turkey Thicket Spray Park (1100 Michigan Avenue, NE)
- Eastern Market Metro Spray Park (701 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE)
- Watkins Spray Park (420 12th St SE)
- Fort Davis Spray Park (1400 41st Street, SE)
- Hillcrest Spray Park (3100 Denver Street, SE)
- Marvin Gaye at Division Avenue (Division & Foote Streets, SE)
- Marvin Gaye Spray Park (15 61st Street, NE)
For complete details, visit dpr.dc.gov/sprayparks.