Department of Parks and Recreation

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

DC Free Summer Meals Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Where can I take my children to receive a meal?

A. The nearest participating recreation center, participating public library or visit the Find Summer Meals in Your Community interactive map.

Q. Which centers are distributing free meals for adults?

A. Meals are specifically provided for youth 18 and under.

Q. How can I apply to be a volunteer?

A. Please send an email to [email protected]

Q. If the recreation center isn’t open during the feeding time, what are my children supposed to do?

A. Please call the Office of Nutrition Services at (202) 258-1944 or (202) 541-6457.

Site Participation:

Q. If a site is interested in becoming a feeding site under DPR sponsorship, what should we do?

A. There are required documents that must be submitted in order to initiate the application process. 

  • Part 1: Please fill out the Meal Site Application.

  • Part 2: All sites must submit a Sponsor Site Agreement form.  

  • Part 3: A current Certificate of Building Occupancy (issued by DCRA) is accepted but not required.

  • Part 4: For Non-Profit sites a Tax Exempt Certificate is required.

  • Part 5: For For-Profit sites a Business License is required. 

  • Part 6: Please submit two Food Handler's Certifications.

Please contact the Office of Nutrition Services at (202) 258-1944 or email [email protected]. Please note that a minimum of two persons must be certified. 

Q. If a site does not receive the proper, requested amount of meals, whom do I contact?

A. Please call your assigned Program Monitor.  If you are unsure as to who your program monitor is, please call (202) 409-7389.

Q. If delivered meals are damaged, spoiled, frozen, etc, whom do I contact?

A. Please call your assigned Program Monitor.  

Q. If I am not going to be at my site during the delivery times, what should I do?

A. Please call your assigned Program Monitor.

Q. If my site/location is going on a field trip, what should I do?

A. Please complete a Consolidated and Special Events Form[PDF] and submit it directly to your Program Monitor.

Q. If the delivery is late to my site/location, or I have not received a delivery at all, what should I do?

A. Please contact your Program Monitor.

Q. How can I request a "stop delivery" at my site?  Who should I notify?

A. Please contact your Program Monitor 48 hours in advance of your requested stop/end date.

* Do you have a question that is not listed here? Please email [email protected] for further assistance. Thank you!

DPR's Office of Nutrition Services Team

Angela Tucker - Program Manager - [email protected]
Alexandria Daley Program Support Assistant - [email protected]
Alfonso Carter Program Support Assistant - [email protected]
Flori Kirkpatrick Staff Assistant - [email protected]


Contact Info for the Office of Nutrition Services

[email protected]
Phone: (202) 997-4804 or (202) 576-702

Office hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday